Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 12-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
worms919

Default Curse Questions

I hope these are related enough to be included in the same thread...

If the Boss monster has a wondering monster as a helper, can a Munchkin play a curse to move the helper out of the room (towards another player) or is the helper also granted the special Boss ability to "ignore any rules, cards, or powers that would take it out of the Entrance." I allowed it because it seemed within the rules.

On a related note, can a similar card be played during a non-boss fight to move a single monster out of the room and thus end the combat?

Also, just to confirm... you can play a curse on yourself, yes? Last game I played two which moved me and a monster in order to have two combats before flipping my first move.

Thanks guys!
worms919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
bonetm

Default Re: Curse Questions

You cannot ged rid of the Boss, in any way, the Munchkin has to fight. For good or for evil. =)
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Gawain

I'm not sure I understand your question(s). You want to use the Wandering Monster to remove a monster from the combat? I don't have the card in front of me, but doesn't it say you have to use it to either add a new monster to the combat from the deck or move a monster from an adjacent room to the combat? Anyway, yes you can remove the non-Boss Monster from the Entrance. Only the Boss Monster itself has the rule about not removing it.

And yes, you can most definitely Curse yourself.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
worms919

No, I wanted to use a curse (which forces a monster to move out of turn) to remove a monster from the combat:

Case 1: To remove the Boss Monster's Wandered-in Helper
-Thank you for the clear answer.

Case 2: To remove the only monster from a non-Boss combat, to either avoid bad stuff or to prevent an opponent from gaining levels and treasure.
-Based on the Case 1 answer this also appears to be legal.

On that note, then I also assume its OK to play a curse on a Munchkin during combat which would force him to move out of the room, thus ending the combat.

Thanks!
worms919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
ArcadianRefugee

You can get rid of "helper" monsters in the final fight, you just cannot get rid of the Boss. So assuming whatever means you have for making the helper monster leave is valid elsewhen, yes.

To your followup q's, I believe 'yes' is also in order. Again, so long as it is not the final fight.