Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
Jezzabenja

Default Official post question leech bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
If you use Leech Bomb with a single monster and no one wanders in another one, then you kill the monster and get the level and Treasure.. (Leech Bomb does not say it ends combat, so the "reasonable time" rule is in play.)

If you use Leech Bomb with multiple monsters, you kill one (your choice) but you cannot claim its rewards until you defeat or kill the remaining monsters. If, instead, you have to Run Away from the remaining monsters, you don't get any rewards, including the ones for the monster you Leech Bombed.
After going through a lot more threads involving leech bomb. There is one thing I have a question about on this ruling.
Leech bomb says it eliminates 1 monster AND the monsters treasure. I would interpret this meaning it kills the monster and destroys the treasure in the process meaning after the fight you don't get the treasure that monster would have given you if you beat it in the normal way.
I bolded the line of ruling I'm referancing for this question/clarification

Last edited by Jezzabenja; 04-03-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Typo
Jezzabenja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Official post question leech bomb

Andrew is mistaken about the Treasure, since the card destroys it. The card also explicitly states that the Leech Bomb counts as a kill. If it's the only Monster, you do get the level. If there are other Monsters, then you only get the level reward for it if you defeat the remaining Monsters. Running away never counts as defeating the Monsters.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote