Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-21-2015, 04:21 AM   #1
scc

Default [DF] Prestige Classes

OK, Prestige Classes where a big part of D&D3.5e and I've thinking about how they could be converted to DF. The best I've managed to come with is a system where when you level up by spending those 50pts you can put them into a lense that's NOT a starting template, the points spent can/are used on a Power that's not available to starting characters and likely goes beyond what you can normally buy. Finally there is a UB of 5pts involved.

So, what do people think?
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:16 AM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: [DF] Prestige Classes

One would need to know exactly what these lenses are supposed to be to give a proper opinion.

Buying a lens for [50] plus any requisite UB or disadvantages fits the rest of the DF theme, though.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:41 AM   #3
T.K.

If I were to do Prestige Classes...

I'd build them as Templates with specific requirements to be accessible. As a very quick and hasty example:

Shadow Assassin [42pts]

Pre-reqs:
Stealth skill at DX+4
Poison skill at IQ+2
Knife skill at DX+4
DX 13+
Having killed a humanoid sentient target for no gain outside of the thrill of it.

*fluffy text goes here explaining the prestige class and how awesome it is yadda yadda*

Striking ST 5 (Only when defender has a penalty to defense*, 30%) [18];

* When defender has a penalty to defend (atker using Deceptive, from behind, from stealth...)ballparked by me replying now...I'm almost sure there's a Kromm version somewhere; this represent a Sneak Attack of sorts, for assassination purposes.

Invisibility Art DX+0 or 2 extra ranks if already possessed [8];

Shadow Poison (Imbuement 3; Single Skill: Envenomed Weapon, -80%) [8];

Imbue: Evenomed Weapon DX+0 [8].

Than you decide if you gonna give these points to the player, or he must gather it to buy the template.

You could even go further and name that "Shadow Assasin I" and allow multiple subsequent templates to be bought, requiring the previous template, to be accessible:

"Shadows Assassin II [30]"

Pre-req: Shadows Assassin I template
T.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
thulben

You could actively mine DF:11 for things to put onto such a template/lens. Or at least use them for inspiration.
thulben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #5
RogerWilco

I would be interested in anyone who can convert the Master of Many Forms (3.5)/Shifter(3.0) Prestige Class to GURPS.

I suppose it somehow depends on Shapeshifting/Morph, with an increasing Morph pool as you level, but beyond that I'm too new to GURPS to figure it out.

It was one of my favourite PrCs in D&D, if poorly written, and something I would love to recreate in GURPS.
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
OK, Prestige Classes where a big part of D&D3.5e and I've thinking about how they could be converted to DF. The best I've managed to come with is a system where when you level up by spending those 50pts you can put them into a lense that's NOT a starting template, the points spent can/are used on a Power that's not available to starting characters and likely goes beyond what you can normally buy. Finally there is a UB of 5pts involved.

So, what do people think?
I've actually already done this for my Patreon. It's essentially a prestige class built around throwing weapons.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungen fantasy, dungeon fantasy