Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 04-08-2014, 05:33 AM   #51
Dammann

Default Re: Request for testers, linters, and critique on DF data files

Added GURPS Thaumatology Magical Styles to the first post.

edit: This one needs some work, so I took down the 1st page link.
I'll update it with fixes over the next couple of days.

Last edited by Dammann; 04-08-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Dammann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #52
Dammann

Alright; I think that GURPS Thaumatology Magical Styles should be good, now. I may do a little more work to make the Onyx Path template a little bit more user friendly, since spell prerequisites within a selectX can be a pain, and there are relatively few types of prerequisites to Onyx Path spells, but I am undecided on my method.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #53
tmedwards

Nobody expects the GDF Inquisition!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[GURPS Dungeon Fantasy - Pyramid 3-60 - Mystic Power-Ups.gdf]
1: error: claims to be UTF-8 encoded, but is not

[GURPS Dungeon Fantasy - Pyramid 3-60 - Wizardry Redefined.gdf]
67: error: <spells> #replacetags command "SP:Resist Fire" replacement has unbalanced parens; likely spurious opening paren
79: error: <spells> #replacetags command "SP:Timeslip" replacement has unbalanced parens; likely missing closing paren
81: error: <spells> #replacetags command "SP:Trace Teleport" replacement has unbalanced parens; likely missing closing paren

[GURPS Dungeon Fantasy - Pyramid 3-60.GDF]
1696: error: <spells> #replacetags command "SP:Resist Fire" replacement has unbalanced parens; likely spurious opening paren
1708: error: <spells> #replacetags command "SP:Timeslip" replacement has unbalanced parens; likely missing closing paren
1710: error: <spells> #replacetags command "SP:Trace Teleport" replacement has unbalanced parens; likely missing closing paren

[GURPS Dungeon Fantasy - Pyramid 3-64 - Swords Against Evil.gdf]
2259–2287: warning: (likely) contains unintentional extended characters (e.g. soft-hyphens instead of hyphens)

[GURPS Thaumatology - Ritual Path Magic.GDF]

[GURPS Thaumatology Magical Styles.gdf]
38: error: perk "Lapsed Practicioner (%stylelist%)" tag "taboo" contains a misplaced paren (near the end)
87: warning: perk "Blocking Spell Mastery" tag "needs" redefined
129: warning: perk "Extra Option" tag "x" redefined; not actually an issue here (I think)
132: warning: perk "Stabilizing Skill" tag "x" redefined; not actually an issue here (I think)
142: notice: perk "Immunity to ([Specific Hazard])" tag "X" capitalized (style moan)
237: error: perk "Rules Exemption" missing a comma between its cost component and tag "page"

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #54
Dammann

I am afraid, surprised, impressed by your ruthless efficiency, and worried about your fanatical devotion to the Pope. Thank you! I will work on fixing these issues.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #55
Dammann

Okay, I think that is all cleaned up. Thanks again for linting!
Old 12-13-2015, 11:09 PM   #56
Ruien

It's been almost two years since the most recent update on this thread; is this effort still underway?

If so, I'm curious as to the status of DFM1 mentioned in the original post (or, more generally, the Dungeon Fantasy Monsters series as a whole). The monster templates in DF2 are a great time-saver for GMs like myself, and I'd like to see more along these lines.

I'd be willing to help with this. In that case, is there an existing body of work on DFM1 or DFM2 to which I could contribute, and how are contributions signed off and committed? (a git repository perhaps? I did not see this in the FAQ.)
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:49 PM   #57
Dammann

I had a daughter about two years ago, so that is about how long it's been since I was with it enough to work on these!

I don't think I had anything for DFM1, and I know that DFM2 wasn't out when I lost all my time/ ability to think straight for this project. I feel like I may have had some work done on Mirror of the Fire Demon, but I need to look at another computer to be sure.

Have at it, though! I do check the forums, and I am happy to link to anything DF that you post up on GCA Repository in the 1st post. I really thought that we'd be onto GCA 5 by now, but maybe by the time I am well rested and not trying to keep up with a very small agent of chaos...
Old 12-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #58
Dammann

Oh, you know, I had done quite a bit toward a data file for Dungeon Magic Styles... maybe I'll see if I can get that one done. If I find I don't speak GCA anymore, I'll put the stuff I have up on the Repository for someone else to mess with, if they have the inclination.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #59
Ruien

I also had a daughter about two years ago. Take your time :)

My next campaign is based around Dungeon Magic Styles, so that is certainly a welcome addition if you were ever to finish it up.

In the long term, it might be valuable to have the entire body of GCA data files on github or similar for easier community contribution and maintenance.
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, pyramid