Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #1
Anders

Default Threshold-Based Path Magic

Ghostdancer had some rules about converting RPM to Threshold magic, but has anyone tried to do that with regular Path/Book Magic? What values for Threshold and Threshold Recovery do you think would be appropriate?
Old 05-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
starslayer

Default Re: Threshold-Based Path Magic

I haver not played or run a game where the rules were in effect but I did look at them, based on my analysis;

What you'll end up with is a setting where charms are even more important, and your threshold is basically one 'anything' charm in reserve.

Ritual adept becomes less useful (you can only make one charm per thresh regen cycle) being more applicable to the one emergecy cast.

Spells in general which are not charms get used less (which helps prevent the 'a buff for every occasion' effect) it changes the very dynamic problem solving nature of rpm magic into something more along the lines of vanician magic.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
path magic, threshold magic