Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
PenitentDemon

Default Virtues of flowers

noticed novalis doesnt have a book of her own this will be answered in so will ask

Any ideas how a Malakim of flowers 1st oath, will interact with Novalises dissonance restrictions

e.g. is it not "her choice" because her superiors dissonance forces it on her.

secondly to subsequent oaths not to "strike first" or not to "show less honor then a foe has" preempt the first oath in general.
PenitentDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Virtues of flowers

This is exactly why the Malakite oaths are phrased the way they are. "Suffer no evil to live when it is my choice," not only provides an out for Flowers angels but also for Stone angels who are forbidden to hit first, Fire angels who would let their latest cruel target escape if they broke off to handle another demon, or even Sword angels who are under strict orders to accomplish x-and-so without allowing unrelated enemies to distract them in any way.

So yes, in cases where Novalis's dissonance conditions apply, a Malakite of Flowers has not violated their Oath.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
JCD

Default Re: Virtues of flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
This is exactly why the Malakite oaths are phrased the way they are. "Suffer no evil to live when it is my choice," not only provides an out for Flowers angels but also for Stone angels who are forbidden to hit first, Fire angels who would let their latest cruel target escape if they broke off to handle another demon, or even Sword angels who are under strict orders to accomplish x-and-so without allowing unrelated enemies to distract them in any way.

So yes, in cases where Novalis's dissonance conditions apply, a Malakite of Flowers has not violated their Oath.
But they also get an out if, in their judgement, the demon REALLY DESERVES to get pounded. But in every instance of that, I would think that the Malakim in question would have to answer very pointed questions from Novalis justifying that decision.

Tags
malakim, novalis