Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-16-2017, 07:08 AM   #31
John_A_Tallon

Default Re: The Film Reroll: an RPG/Film Podcast - using GURPS!

The Film ReRoll crew finished up their rendition of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and I have to say it was a really interesting take on the story, and probably the extended universe I'd most like to have the GM's notes for.
John_A_Tallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #32
Zarmonic

Thanks to the recent bump of this thread on the forum, I'm just discovering this now.

I'd say that it's awesome but that would just be adding my small voice to the clamor of people saying it's awesome because, well, it's awesome!

That being said, it's funny with all the talk on this form about what GURPS needs (lots and lots and lots of talk...whew). I think that this is the sort of thing that GURPS needs: A good example of what the system can do and people having so much fun with it. That's the real point of doing the game to begin with is to have fun and these guys obviously have more fun that what seems should be legal.

Obviously they aren't out to promote GURPS but they do demonstrate that it's simply the best tool to use for what they do. And that's the best kind of plug the game could hope for.
Zarmonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 09:23 AM   #33
Genesis

Happy to get the thread bump/necromancy - I wasn't aware our material appeared on this pirate site, though...

If anyone is interested in supporting the podcast and/or GURPS actual-play media, I'd recommend getting your episodes from our website (filmreroll.com), iTunes, spotify, songclound... it's already free, so no need to pick up episodes from a source that doesn't contribute to the show's success :)

We've really showcased some of GURPS' versatility recently - we've run a very skills-light Charlie Brown Holiday Special series of one shots, a slightly-more-technical (but still exceedingly silly) Galaxy Quest, and a more serious Rogue Two (sequel to our Rogue One - basically following the plot of A New Hope). If anyone on the forums hasn't given us a listen, we'd love to have your ear!
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
podcast, session recording