Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Zarine

Default Transferral Potion

Player A is at Level 9 and after a rough series of monster additions and modifiers played on monsters and Player A, Player A was still winning. Player B throws Transferral Potion and moves the battle to Player C to deny Player A the win.

Here's the question: Player A claims the modifiers they played on themself are NOT valid for Player C and cannot be added in the combat totals. Is that right?
Zarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Transferral Potion

The monster side transfers, but the munchkin side does not. Thus any One-Shots played to help the munchkins are discarded when Transferral Potion is played. However, any negative monster enhancers (i.e., -5 to Monster, etc.) would stay, as they are played on the monster side.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
Zarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
The monster side transfers, but the munchkin side does not. Thus any One-Shots played to help the munchkins are discarded when Transferral Potion is played. However, any negative monster enhancers (i.e., -5 to Monster, etc.) would stay, as they are played on the monster side.
I'm so sorry to seem a pest, but could you clarify the bolded section please? You mention the negative enhancers staying, the enhancers adding to the monster would stay too, correct? Thanks!
Zarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Clipper

Yes. Anything that affects the monster side stays. Positive monster enhancers and One-Shot Items played to help the monsters would be part of this (and probably some other cards I'm not thinking of).

I chose to only mention negative monster enhancers as they are one of the only type of cards that was helping the munchkin side that remain.