Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #361
Ragitsu
Banned

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Like Wolverine, I don't know if I'll include her in the Reboot just yet. If I did do Psylocke, I'd probably do her pre-butt-floss-ninja. Not sure yet if I'd include her bionic eyes, though, as she was blinded late in her Marvel UK career.
Butt floss? Am I missing something?

In any case, I eagerly anticipate your take on her.
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #362
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragitsu View Post
Butt floss? Am I missing something?

In any case, I eagerly anticipate your take on her.
Mid 1990s, right after her body-swap, the artists drew her one-shoulder ninja outfit as having a thong. Seems it was all the rage among aspiring Image artists.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #363
vitruvian

Quote:
Create Invisible Force Fields is one of her two core abilities (Invisibility being the other one). The various attacks and the Flight/Walk on Air (thanks for that suggestion) are simply frequent "power stunts" on this ability. She can create an invisible wall, an airtight, waterproof dome or bubble for traveling or keeping the ocean out, contain and smother a fire, block off a hallway to stop someone from getting away, and even keep the water from coming out of an overturned canteen. Things like that which happen on a case-by-case basis I really don't see the need for detailing a dozen different abilities when one will suffice.

Now, the actual level of 10 may or may not vary; I like 10 on all my creators/controllers for its simplicity.
Not sure I ever saw an answer to this question, really - what characteristics do the Force Fields actually created through the Create ability, as opposed to with the Innate Attack with Wall, have? The level of Create defines the area and size available, I suppose (although they have no weight, so even that's in question), but what's their DR, for example?
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #364
vitruvian

Here's a new question for you... what's the timeline of your rebooted MU here?

Presumably, if Peter Parker and a bunch of the original X-Men are all students at ESU, that keeps the time since the FF's space flight at no more than 7-8 years or so, unless maybe Peter is already pursuing grad studies. Figure Peter is a sophomore in high school when he gets bit by the radioactive spider, and no more than a senior undergrad at present, so that's six years of Spider-Man history; figure the FF debut no more than a year before Spider-Man, so that gives us 7 years of modern (as opposed to WWII) superheroics. Extend the time slightly if Peter (and probably Hank McCoy as well) have got their BS degrees and stayed at ESU to pursue their Masters and Ph.D. degrees under Dr. Connors' tutelage.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #365
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
Here's a new question for you... what's the timeline of your rebooted MU here?

Presumably, if Peter Parker and a bunch of the original X-Men are all students at ESU, that keeps the time since the FF's space flight at no more than 7-8 years or so, unless maybe Peter is already pursuing grad studies. Figure Peter is a sophomore in high school when he gets bit by the radioactive spider, and no more than a senior undergrad at present, so that's six years of Spider-Man history; figure the FF debut no more than a year before Spider-Man, so that gives us 7 years of modern (as opposed to WWII) superheroics. Extend the time slightly if Peter (and probably Hank McCoy as well) have got their BS degrees and stayed at ESU to pursue their Masters and Ph.D. degrees under Dr. Connors' tutelage.
I've hinted at this in the various entries, but I should probably lay it out clearly.

I'm pretty much listing the first "year" of the universe. Parker got bit during his freshman orientation at ESU, and the FF made their first flight at about the same time. Parker and the X-Men are pursuing their Bachelors degrees at the moment, essentially having just started college.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #366
Phantasm

Quote:
Not sure I ever saw an answer to this question, really - what characteristics do the Force Fields actually created through the Create ability, as opposed to with the Innate Attack with Wall, have? The level of Create defines the area and size available, I suppose (although they have no weight, so even that's in question), but what's their DR, for example?
I think I overrode this build with a later one (using Modular Abilities instead of Create), rendering such questions moot.

As it is, I can't remember what kinds of stats I'd had for her original Create build.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #367
vitruvian

Quote:
I've hinted at this in the various entries, but I should probably lay it out clearly.

I'm pretty much listing the first "year" of the universe. Parker got bit during his freshman orientation at ESU, and the FF made their first flight at about the same time. Parker and the X-Men are pursuing their Bachelors degrees at the moment, essentially having just started college.
If the X-Men are in college in their 'first year', did they ever run around in costume when they were actually going to Xavier's school, or was that just where they learned to use their powers and they didn't start having adventures until they graduated?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #368
Phantasm

Quote:
If the X-Men are in college in their 'first year', did they ever run around in costume when they were actually going to Xavier's school, or was that just where they learned to use their powers and they didn't start having adventures until they graduated?
Nothing "published". But then, their graduating class at Xavier's "mutant high" was more than just five students; probably closer to 20.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #369
vitruvian

Quote:
Nothing "published". But then, their graduating class at Xavier's "mutant high" was more than just five students; probably closer to 20.
Well, that makes sense... does Xavier keep in touch/keep his eye on them as a professor of genetics at ESU, perhaps? And with the type of inherited/invested using really insider knowledge money needed to equip the X-Mansion in the original comics, I suppose Xavier could have also endowed a wing of some academic building there at ESU as well... with a secret subbasement, perhaps.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #370
Phantasm

Quote:
Well, that makes sense... does Xavier keep in touch/keep his eye on them as a professor of genetics at ESU, perhaps? And with the type of inherited/invested using really insider knowledge money needed to equip the X-Mansion in the original comics, I suppose Xavier could have also endowed a wing of some academic building there at ESU as well... with a secret subbasement, perhaps.
I haven't really finished Chuck's role in the Reboot beyond "headmaster of the world's most renowned mutant high", but I don't see much in the way of professor at ESU with his duties at the X-Mansion. I kinda had the idea that Warren would be funding the X-Men this time out.

In the original comics, it kinda helped that Chuck married an alien empress....

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men