Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-17-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
capitanTy-Ty

Default Cthulhu.Den of Dholes

Feel myself a little bit dumb...but it seemms that for me there will allways be some sort of misunderstanding rules. For instance:
"Den of Dholes". What its about?
a)ALL players must drop card or level when dungeon was drawn and then each player should repeat this procidure in the begining of his turn? (Thats what seems to be written in 1st paragraph,but it looks a little unfair because dungeon-opener looses less levels or items.)

b) Each player just have to discard card or level in the begining of his turn? (yet its little bit unfair, because player who opened this dungeon can say that card staits: "each time player BEGINS his turn IN THIS dungeon" and he began his turn not in this dungeon,i.e. before it was drawn)

And another question... can player find an exit for 4 cards before loosing item or level? or he must perform a prescription of dungeon first, as long as it says specifically about the begining of turn, i.e. loosing level or item is player's first action to do.
capitanTy-Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Cthulhu.Den of Dholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanTy-Ty View Post
a)ALL players must drop card or level when dungeon was drawn and then each player should repeat this procidure in the begining of his turn? (Thats what seems to be written in 1st paragraph,but it looks a little unfair because dungeon-opener looses less levels or items.)
Okay, so the first part says when a player enters the Dungeon, he must choose to discard an Item or lose a level. Normally, that would be when the Dungeon is drawn, except in the case when a Portal says otherwise. The best example of that is Narrow Passage, which is complicated, but basically has each player enter the new Dungeon on his turn.

Quote:
b) Each player just have to discard card or level in the begining of his turn? (yet its little bit unfair, because player who opened this dungeon can say that card staits: "each time player BEGINS his turn IN THIS dungeon" and he began his turn not in this dungeon,i.e. before it was drawn)
The player whose turn it is when this Dungeon is played will always have already started his turn, and will have to choose to lose a level or an Item. They will not have to choose a second time.

Quote:
And another question... can player find an exit for 4 cards before loosing item or level? or he must perform a prescription of dungeon first, as long as it says specifically about the begining of turn, i.e. loosing level or item is player's first action to do.
To do that, you already would have to have started your turn, so no, you can't avoid something that happens at the beginning of your turn by doing an action you have to do on your turn. There would have to be explicit instruction to say you could avoid it that way to be able to do that.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote