Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #31
Cyratos

Default Re: [IC] Keeping in the Black

Zadrowski reaches out his hand, smiling as well.

"I am most certainly glad, Mr. Mendiblis, or may I call you Captain, Sir? I am looking forward into participating as a member of the crew. Speaking of funding, well... I can't say I can really help. You see, I served my time, retired and all I'm getting is this lousy military retirement, I don't even dare speaking about its value."

He then turns to Kane. He sees that he looks pretty fit and healthy, and his look becomes a bit cynic, along with his voice:

"A pilot you say...? Well, do you have what it takes to fly this beauty? It ain't hovercrafts we're talkin' round here. Are you a soldier, or just a freelancer?"
Old 02-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #32
Skullcrusher

Kane replies,"I've done my share of fighting and yes I can fly this thing."

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:26 AM   #33
Cyratos

"Good. It is good to know we are going to have a disciplined pilot on our side."

Marcus turns back to Mendiblis.

"Well, you have a mechanic, a supercargo, a pilot and (raises his hand) a medic on your disposal, Captain."
Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #34
Dorin Thorha

Mendiblis nods knowingly at the doc's mention of military retirement. "I can can probably handle the price of the ship."

He walks off to look over the ship some more. As he does the others notice that he is wearing a large, ornate sword slung over his back.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #35
selenite

After a group tour the crew retired to the Throttled Vernier for a round of get-acquainted beers. It's packed with the auction crowd but they managed to get two small tables next to each other. Just after the second pitcher arrives they notice a stir in the crowd--conversations are stopping as people move out of the way of a new arrival. A handsome man in a gold-embroidered Mandarin Revival robe is walking toward their corner. At a wave from one of his henchmen the men at the next table pick up their drinks and scamper. He seats himself but the two henchmen remain standing behind him. Anyone making a Streetwise roll recognizes him as Mao Fang.

"So you are the bold souls who wish to put the ship back in service. I admire such strong animal spirits. Paquin needs people willing to take chances for our greater prosperity. Now, this is a venture that you will need some financing for." Clearly he's pulled a credit report on Mendiblis. "I have helped many businesses get on their feet. Including this one." He smiles at the bar owner, who's personally delivering a cocktail. "And there are some customers I can steer your way. So my support would not be merely financial. We would have a relationship. One which, of course, would go both ways." He locks eyes with Mendiblis. "I understand you are unmarried. Do you believe yourself capable of holding up your end of a relationship?"

Last edited by selenite; 02-24-2010 at 05:19 PM.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #36
Dorin Thorha

[ooc] Mendiblis failed his Streetwise roll by 2.

Mendiblis looks over the man and his henchmen.

"I may be interested. I am a man of my word."
Old 02-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #37
Skullcrusher

[Occ: Streetwise roll: Streetwise roll need a 12 or less (3d6=10) made it by 2]

Kane keeps his hand on his machine pistol holstered on his hip which can not be seen unless some looks under the table. Knowing Mao Fungs rep he will hold off saying anything to Mendiblis but keeps a watchful eye on the henchmen.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #38
selenite

Mao Fang smiles. "And you're not a man for rash decisions. I like that. The auction ends at noon tomorrow. My accountant will be there. Tell him your decision in the morning. This chip has his contact code, along with the boring details of the loan. Choose wisely, but remember that to succeed, you must be like the pig, not like the chicken." He leaves a memory device on the table, tosses down his cocktail, and sweeps off with his henchmen. A few minutes later several men who'd been ignoring their drinks at different tables also leave.

When you have time to look over the offer it has repayment schedules for several different downpayments and final auction prices. There's a vague note about "valuable considerations and services" replacing some interest payments. The penalties for late payment or default aren't mentioned at all.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #39
Dorin Thorha

Mendiblis takes the device and reviews the information. He looks over his group. "What do you know about that guy?"
Old 02-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #40
Skullcrusher

Kanes says to Mendiblis,"If you were going to go with one of those types of lenders, Mao Fang is your best choice...he is pretty fair but like with all those types there is a cost a of doing business...just giving you my expert opinion. By the way we never discussed crew pay."