Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #41
Bishop-M

Default Re: Munchkin Collectible Card game?!

Moop's Monster Mashup looks outstanding!(Like most of the other games) I am highly anticipating this release :)
Bishop-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #42
TxKent

I too am a first time poster, yada yada.

I've also been playtesting the CCG here in Austin. Before this, I would have responded very negatively to a CCG. "Nope, not interested in getting started on something like that" would have been my comment. I was hesitant even when starting out on the playtesting, but now, I look forward to going to the location to pick up the CCG, create a deck and play.

Previous to this, I'd played quite a bit of Munchkin, and that was where my interest was. I actually get more enjoyment out of playing the CCG at this point, and can't wait for the public release.
TxKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #43
ThisisDog

Just listening to the Dice Tower podcast, and I like what they say about thee Munchkin CCG, in that the core sets are to be widely available in mainstream retail, but the boosters are only coming to the hobby market. It's a good way to get new customers to support their FLGSes. Bravo.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #44
MunchkinMan

SJG has been doing that on a significant level with the expansions and boosters for Munchkin already, so I dont really consider this much of a surprise.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:55 AM   #45
ThisisDog

Ah. Over here it's pretty much all hobby market for standard Munchkin, the only games you get in other stores are things like Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit, or kids' board games. So I guess it'll be the same for the CCG.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:05 AM   #46
MunchkinMan

In the United States, some versions of Munchkin base/deluxe games can be found in Target (a big-box stores) and Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million (large book retailers), but in all but a few very rare cases, expansions are sold only in hobby/game stores. There's an Austin-based national game store chain called Go! Games, and I've seen Munchkin there, but again, no expansions. I don't know if that's by design or chance.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #47
jcfiala

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
In the United States, some versions of Munchkin base/deluxe games can be found in Target (a big-box stores) and Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million (large book retailers), but in all but a few very rare cases, expansions are sold only in hobby/game stores. There's an Austin-based national game store chain called Go! Games, and I've seen Munchkin there, but again, no expansions. I don't know if that's by design or chance.
I did actually find a 'Walking Dead Munchkin Zombie' that was on sale at a Books a Million, although it seems to me that's a great sort of expansion to have in a big store to get more eyeballs on it.
jcfiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:14 AM   #48
cosmowove

I had this idea that they could sell boosters of unique cards. I sent a suggestion to Munchkin in 2015... it's happening!
cosmowove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:07 AM   #49
philreed
I do stuff and things.

So much new info about the game since it was revealed. The best source is the new website where you'll find the rules PDF, videos, and starter details.

http://munchkinccg.game/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #50
philreed
I do stuff and things.

We ran two draft events today at our retailer event. Hunter launched live stream videos on Facebook to show the game in play.

https://www.facebook.com/sjgames/vid...type=2&theater
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote