Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #31
Jonas

Default Re: GURPS: Fallout

First off I wanted to say great job, this dovetails quite nicely into a one on one intro to gurps game I plan on running for a friend of mine. :)

However just skimming I do have one minor nitpick.

The TL8 T45d Power Armor is listed as having 200/120 DR while the more 'advanced' TL9 T51b Power armor is listed as only having 70/50 DR. Even the ATHENA, listed as having superior defenses to any other suit of armor used pre war only has 150/100.

So my question is was this intentional? Is the early suit supposed to have a much higher level of protection, and if so why doesn't the description reflect this?

Relevant Quotes
Quote:
T-45d Power Armor: The T-45d Infantry Armor was an early Power Armor model (a “Combat Walker”, see Ultra-Tech pg.182), the first one to be used in military operations. T-45d armor will run for a week on a small energy cell, a month on a micro fusion cell, and a year on a micro fusion pack.

In 2067, the first suit of T-45d Power Armor was deployed in Alaska during the Anchorage Reclamation. While lacking the full mobility of future versions like the T-51b, this Power Armor was incredibly effective against Chinese tanks and infantry. Its ability to carry heavy ordinance became key in various localized conflicts, and it had the power to destroy entire towns without endangering the wearer.
Quote:
T51b Power Armor: T-51b Powered Infantry Armor or Power Armor was the peak of armored infantry technology before the Great War, developed in the West Tek Research Facility laboratories. Now, only the most technologically advanced factions with ties to pre-War military or government, such as the Brotherhood of Steel or the Enclave, have access to this type of armor.

The armor is fitted with a back-mounted TX-28 MicroFusion Pack which generates 60,000 Watts during its lifetime, to power the HiFlo hydraulic systems built into the frame of the suit. Made of the poly-laminate composite, the outer shell of the T-51b is lightweight and capable of absorbing over 2500 Joules of kinetic impact. The 10 micron silver ablative coating can reflect laser and radiation emissions without damage to the composite subsurface. It usually has enough fuel to last a hundred years.

The Brotherhood of Steel does not possess the technology required to manufacture new Power Armor and relies only on pre-war suits. Power Armor is worn only by Brotherhood paladins. In the Enclave, this armor is seen as obsolete, as it was replaced by Advanced Power Armor and Advanced Power Armor Mk II, though it should be noted that it is still used by soldiers who have not been issued the newer armor most likely due to slow production rates
----
Per ardua ad astra "Through hard-work to the stars."
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #32
Kayurin

It doesn't start wit "War. War never changes." Though still a great product...

Fallout = One of best computer games of recent history...
Fallout + Gurps = Best post apocalypting RP setting...

Last edited by Kayurin; 07-05-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Grammar editing
Kayurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #33
Tectuctitlay

Aside from a brief description of the T-45d Power Armor I found on the Fallout wiki (it was an armor desig that would have appeared in the Interplay version of Fallout 3, had it been released), I couldn't find any further information. So I based the armor on the Combat Walker from Ultra-Tech, which is more of a walking tank than a humanoid suit of armor (it has a higher DR, but is nowhere near as mobile... think small battlemech).
Tectuctitlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #34
Jonas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectuctitlay
Aside from a brief description of the T-45d Power Armor I found on the Fallout wiki (it was an armor desig that would have appeared in the Interplay version of Fallout 3, had it been released), I couldn't find any further information. So I based the armor on the Combat Walker from Ultra-Tech, which is more of a walking tank than a humanoid suit of armor (it has a higher DR, but is nowhere near as mobile... think small battlemech).
Assumed there was a difference in mobility but wasn't sure. Thanks.
----
Per ardua ad astra "Through hard-work to the stars."
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #35
Guver

Thanks for this document. You are the main reason why I will play Fallout:Gurps for the next couple years :D.
Guver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #36
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.

I really want to check this out but it says file not found
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #37
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by D10 View Post
I really want to check this out but it says file not found
Looks like the revised version is up on his website: http://sites.google.com/site/tectuct.../gurps-fallout
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #38
PDV

Seems site with materials is down. Can anybody share Tectuctitlay GURPS for me? It's awesome!

Tags
fallout