Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 08-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #2881
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I think you miss the point: Most people will not be on this thread to read these instructions :)
Most people probably know how to print specific pages of a document or photocopy the hardcopy. I think lack of zero-day GCA support is more of an issue than lack of a separate blank character sheet file. RPGs have had character sheets in the book since the dawn time.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #2882
Nemoricus

I don't see any particular reason to ask people to jump through hoops to make their own character sheet pdf when it wouldn't be difficult to provide it as a standalone pdf. :)

And for the people who only get the box set in print, it would be nice to have free pdf copies of character sheets, room record forms, and such available.
Nemoricus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #2883
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoricus View Post
I don't see any particular reason to ask people to jump through hoops to make their own character sheet pdf when it wouldn't be difficult to provide it as a standalone pdf. :)

And for the people who only get the box set in print, it would be nice to have free pdf copies of character sheets, room record forms, and such available.
Sure it's nice and I agree that probably ought to be a thing, I just doubt that a significant number of gamers need special instructions on how to get it from the book.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #2884
MrTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I think you miss the point: Most people will not be on this thread to read these instructions :)
True, but it might at least help one person, and my sole affiliation with SJG is a JTAS article a decade ago, so I can't effectively address the underlying issue.
MrTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #2885
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTim View Post
True, but it might at least help one person, and my sole affiliation with SJG is a JTAS article a decade ago, so I can't effectively address the underlying issue.
Fillable character sheets are the sort of fan-made aide they have accepted in the past.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #2886
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Is there a list of the monsters yet?
Acid Spider, as-Sharak, Bear, Bronze Spider, Bugbear, Ciuaclá, Corpse Golem, Crushroom, Demon from Between the Stars, Demon of Old, Dinoman, Dire Wolf, Doomchild, Dragon (Small, Medium, Large), Draug, Electric Jelly, Elemental (Air, Earth, Fire, Water), Erupting Slime, Eye of Death, Flaming Skull, Flesh-Eating Ape, Foul Bat, Frost Snake, Fungus, Gargoyle, Giant Ape, Giant Rat, Giant Snake (Constrictor, Viper), Giant Spider (Big, Huge, Humungous), Gladiator Ape, Goblin-Kin (Goblin, Hobgoblin, Orc), Golem-Armor Swordsman, Gryphon, Hellhound, Horde Pygmy, Horde Zombie, Horrid Skull, Ice Weasel, Ice Wyrm, Jelly, Karkadann, Leaping Leach, Lich, Lion, Lizard Man, Mindwarper, Minotaur, Mold, Obsidian Jaguar, Ogre, Ooze, Peshkali, Pudding, Rock Mite, Siege Beast, Skeleton, Slime, Slorn, Slugbeast, Specter, Sphere of Madness, Spirit Guardian, Spore Cloud, Stone Golem, Swarms (Army Ants, Bats, Bees, Birds, Centipedes/Scorpions/Spiders, Fire Ants, Hornets/Wasps, Mosquitoes, Piranha, Rats, Small Snakes), Sword Spirit, Throttler, Tiger, Toxifier, Triger, Troll, Undead Slime, Vampire, Void Brute, Watcher at the Edge of Time, Werewolf, Wildman, Zombie.

Basically, DF2, DFM1, DFM2, some from the Basic Set, DF3, DF5, and DF9, some adaptions of GURPS Magic, and some new stuff (Dragons, Vampire (nowhere near the Basic Set versions), Werewolf, Specter). Pity DFM3 wasn't out earlier, and Christopher Rice's monsters in Pyramid #3/98.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #2887
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Fillable character sheets are the sort of fan-made aide they have accepted in the past.
FWIW, I absolutely plan to make a fillable version of the DFRPG character sheet as I did for the standard one. It will be posted for download... whenever is appropriate? I'm sure there will be others.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:14 AM   #2888
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Acid Spider, as-Sharak, Bear, Bronze Spider, Bugbear, Ciuaclá, Corpse Golem, Crushroom, Demon from Between the Stars, Demon of Old, Dinoman, Dire Wolf, Doomchild, Dragon (Small, Medium, Large), Draug, Electric Jelly, Elemental (Air, Earth, Fire, Water), Erupting Slime, Eye of Death, Flaming Skull, Flesh-Eating Ape, Foul Bat, Frost Snake, Fungus, Gargoyle, Giant Ape, Giant Rat, Giant Snake (Constrictor, Viper), Giant Spider (Big, Huge, Humungous), Gladiator Ape, Goblin-Kin (Goblin, Hobgoblin, Orc), Golem-Armor Swordsman, Gryphon, Hellhound, Horde Pygmy, Horde Zombie, Horrid Skull, Ice Weasel, Ice Wyrm, Jelly, Karkadann, Leaping Leach, Lich, Lion, Lizard Man, Mindwarper, Minotaur, Mold, Obsidian Jaguar, Ogre, Ooze, Peshkali, Pudding, Rock Mite, Siege Beast, Skeleton, Slime, Slorn, Slugbeast, Specter, Sphere of Madness, Spirit Guardian, Spore Cloud, Stone Golem, Swarms (Army Ants, Bats, Bees, Birds, Centipedes/Scorpions/Spiders, Fire Ants, Hornets/Wasps, Mosquitoes, Piranha, Rats, Small Snakes), Sword Spirit, Throttler, Tiger, Toxifier, Triger, Troll, Undead Slime, Vampire, Void Brute, Watcher at the Edge of Time, Werewolf, Wildman, Zombie.

Basically, DF2, DFM1, DFM2, some from the Basic Set, DF3, DF5, and DF9, some adaptions of GURPS Magic, and some new stuff (Dragons, Vampire (nowhere near the Basic Set versions), Werewolf, Specter). Pity DFM3 wasn't out earlier, and Christopher Rice's monsters in Pyramid #3/98.
Glad to see the non DF monsters get the DF (stat block) treatment.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #2889
demonsbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Glad to see the non DF monsters get the DF (stat block) treatment.
Yeah, it's cool to see "official" Dungeon Fantasy Dragons!

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #2890
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

As I'm converting my old DF characters (helps that the profession templates are mostly the same), I just got to the Knight.
The description has the same line in it as before "Unlike [Barbarians] however, you have the good sense to wear full armor."

In the old system added size and weight were a bit of a deterrent to Barbarians but it didn't stop several in my game from just being slow (or raising their BS and BM to compensate.).
In the new system, I don't see any reason the barbarian wouldn't wear the best armor she could afford covering her entire body.

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy