Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
pieclone

Default Weird War II/Madness Dossier Mashup - Recommended Reading?

So I have just finished a quick Pulp Monster Hunters game and I'm looking to mix up my favourite setting ever (Madness Dossier) with some WWII stuff because why the heck not?

As a result I've been reading about Special Forces in the desert war which led me to reading about the British in Iraq 1941 and I thought "How can I get Project Sandman involved?"

With that in mind I've a few questions for the forums around the game to save me some (read; "a lot of") prep time:

Has anyone updated WWII 3e templates to 4e?

Obviously the primary bad guys in MD are the Anunnaki who are specifically Akkadian/Babylonian etc but since the desert war takes place all over North Africa does anyone have any other suggestions for other History B enemies from the region?

3e MD mentions joint US-UK operations after '43 in North Africa and Italy. What creatures and legends can come from History B's Italy if the game lasts that long?

I've read Ken Hite's Inspirational Material from Horror 3e but does anyone have other source suggestions until 4e Madness Dossier is released?

I'm light on Middle Eastern History between 1888 and 1941 (some not-light general reading can probably fix that) but does anyone have any suggestions for that era/area?

What GURPS books would be best suited for the game? I've got most of the pertinent 3e WWII series (H.o.S, WWII, A.T.K.M., Weird War II, GL & IC), 3e Places of Mystery (for Irem of the Pillars), 4e Horror and various other books (HT, TS, HT:PG1 & 2). I can even steal some of the Linguistic Programming and Memetic theory stuff from THS Toxic Memes. Anything else you all might recommend?

I might even go a little low-level supers on the game (if it lasts any decent length) with Project Sandman agents developing low level powers based around unlocking and harnessing "hidden human potential" through the use of Anunnaki glyph tattoos so the recent thread about Godlike was quite handy. Any suggestions around that would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance everyone.
pieclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Weird War II/Madness Dossier Mashup - Recommended Reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieclone View Post
Has anyone updated WWII 3e templates to 4e?
Yes, here. You seem to have most of the books you would need, although WWII: Dogfaces might be useful.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote