Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Diseptikon

Default Sex change: star munchkin

When a sex change occurs and two males are affected do both of these males now become female with the -5 to next combat? Or do they remain as males and have the negative combat stat?
Diseptikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Sex change: star munchkin

I'm not quite sure what the exact situation you are addressing is, but generally when someone is sex-changed, their character becomes the opposite sex AND they get the -5 on their next combat (or on THIS combat if they are already in combat when it happens).

I'm not clear on the exact mechanism being used to change the sex of two players at once here, though. Doesn't mean it isn't possible, just that most of the methods of sex-changing somebody that I can think of target a single player at a time, so I'm not sure what's doing it to two at once.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Diseptikon

The transporter accident trap states you swap sex with the high roller. My question is if both people are male do they both become female since it states swap sex?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
Mister Ed

Ah, now I see. I'll need to look at the card before I can give a good answer on that one. Might be a bit, hopefully somebody else has one more ready at hand (all the better if they are an official source). Swap generally means trade, not change, so if they were the same sex I'd expect them to stay the same sex, but I can't say for sure without seeing the exact card text (which we can't post here).
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Clipper

I've had a look at the card in question, and it seems clear that neither munchkin would change sex in this case, as you are exchanging gender and you both have the same. The card states that only players that change sex get a penalty, and you aren't changing sex if you go from being male to being male.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
Diseptikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
I've had a look at the card in question, and it seems clear that neither munchkin would change sex in this case, as you are exchanging gender and you both have the same. The card states that only players that change sex get a penalty, and you aren't changing sex if you go from being male to being male.
Interesting. So you feel like there shouldn't even be a penalty in that situation. Strange as the card is fairly weak when playing with a group of guys.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Enzzo

That just means you need to get some estrogen in your group :)
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Clipper

It's not the only thing the Trap does. It also exchanges your Race with a different player. It will usually have an effect.