Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-24-2016, 08:11 AM   #1
Vernon King Avaritt III

Default Phenomenal Reflexes

Phenominal Reflexes

Phenominal Reflexes 94 points
The ability to identify and escape danger without thinking up a plan of action. If you have this ability you are told that you are in danger from a general location (Say 12 o'clock high). You are allowed one move to get out of danger before the attack. You do not get to think out a plan this is pure reflexes. If you warn your friends you do not get to move that is your action. This advantage includes Danger Sense and Combat Reflexes; you can't take either separately. I got this from Spiderman and the Superpowered Wikias.

Danger Sense [15] (Cosmic, No Surprise +300%; Link Powers must be used together +10%) [47] + Combat Reflexes [15] (Cosmic, Act before anybody else does +300%; Link Powers must be used together +10%) [47] = 94 points
Vernon King Avaritt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:16 AM   #2
Donny Brook

Default Re: Phenomenal Reflexes

Since both abilities are inherently 'always on', I don't think you need to link them. Also, what are you going for with 'Cosmic, No Surprise' on Danger Sense?

If I were a GM looking at this as a proposed build for my campaign, I would wonder why you aren't going with ETS instead of a complicated Combat Reflexes.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:17 AM   #3
kdtipa

Is there a question?
kdtipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
Daigoro

What is "No Surprise" and why is it +300%, not +50%?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #5
Anaraxes

Since Combat Reflexes gives +6 to surprise rolls, and Danger Sense gives you an extra roll for "enough of a warning to take action", is it even worth adding a "No Surprise" Cosmic? Almost seems like a No Nuisance Rolls Perk at that point.

Rather than +300% on Combat Reflexes for "act first", you might as well just make it Enhanced Time Sense, which includes Combat Reflexes and also "automatically act before those without ETS, regardless of Basic Speed." Though I expect Spidey has a pretty good Basic Speed anyway.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote