Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 01-31-2023, 11:49 AM   #1
sazzlefrats

Default 6th edtion - what to get? AND.... where to get it?

So months ago I sold my kickstarter because I had no local interest and I was in a bad spot.

Whats the best way to reaquire the double ace kickstarter... prices on ebay are all over the place.

Or maybe I just want the core set? Does anyone feel that any of the add on's are a no brainer must have?

I've got maps, I've got modded matchbox cars, dice, rulers, terrain etc..

Last edited by sazzlefrats; 01-31-2023 at 11:50 AM. Reason: because I type faster than I think
sazzlefrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:02 PM   #2
HeatDeath

Default Re: 6th edtion - what to get? AND.... where to get it?

Your FLGS can order in either of the 2-player sets, or the 4-player set, and any of the 4 miniatures sets. For everything else (and those, if you so choose), order from warehouse23.com.

As for what to get, the minimal two things needed to play at all is a Rules box and a set of bases. You won't have any equipment cards, but the rules box includes a set of vehicles on laminated sheets that include images of equpment cards constituting a pretty reasonable starting set.

As for which expansiosn to get, my personal answer was "everything". while the core set has a perfectly reasonable set of equipment, there is a bunch of cool stuff in the miniatures boxes and other expansions.

I did up a spreadsheet that lists all the equipment cars and which set they're included in. No gameplay data, but that might given you an idea of what equipment sounds cool and therefore what sets to buy. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Most people would recommend the Crew Pack at a minimum. The Linked Weapons pack is pretty cool too.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 07:12 PM   #3
Mallen the dark

I agree that warehouse23.com is the place to order from. Ebay sellers seem to think sixth edition is out of print so they can charge what ever they want. I even saw a double ace box for $650 with $120 for shipping.
Mallen the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 01:43 PM   #4
svawter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzlefrats View Post
So months ago I sold my kickstarter because I had no local interest and I was in a bad spot.

Whats the best way to reaquire the double ace kickstarter... prices on ebay are all over the place.

Or maybe I just want the core set? Does anyone feel that any of the add on's are a no brainer must have?

I've got maps, I've got modded matchbox cars, dice, rulers, terrain etc..
I got an extra Core Set during the KS that I did not end up having use for... assuming you're interested in less than the Double Ace contact me; I'm willing to part with it for basically what I paid (basically half of MSRP) but then shipping could get ... interesting
svawter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:21 PM   #5
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by svawter View Post
I got an extra Core Set during the KS that I did not end up having use for... assuming you're interested in less than the Double Ace contact me; I'm willing to part with it for basically what I paid (basically half of MSRP) but then shipping could get ... interesting
Well, you're both in the same state; that's gotta help.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 01:51 PM   #6
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Well, you're both in the same state; that's gotta help.
1) CA is a *long* state -- L.A. to S.F. is something like 400 miles; 6 hrs. to drive it on a good day. (BTDT.)

2) CA is -- to put it politely -- having problems with stuff getting shipped into, out of, or through, it.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 05:10 PM   #7
sazzlefrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
1) CA is a *long* state -- L.A. to S.F. is something like 400 miles; 6 hrs. to drive it on a good day. (BTDT.)

2) CA is -- to put it politely -- having problems with stuff getting shipped into, out of, or through, it.

Turns out I'm also in the Bay Area. However I just picked up a 4 player core set. Haven't played yet, no time yet.
sazzlefrats is offline   Reply With Quote