Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 12-06-2022, 05:25 AM   #91
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Favorite Gnomco Products

Gnomco Hellgnome Doomstrike™

This monthly subscription service, $1000/month plus a per use fee of $200, is a surefire way to solve pesky monster problems (and military ones too!). Simply point the Gnomco Magic Designator Wand™ at the target, intone your unique activation phrase and wait for the fireworks to arrive! A Gnomco Hellgnome Portal™ will soon appear at the designated point, releasing a horde of high explosive Hellgnome Doomchildren on your target, who is about to have a very bad day.

The designator has a range of up to two miles and no minimum range (be sure to shout "Danger Close!" If the target is within 400 yards, because it sounds cool). Bust out the rules in High-Tech for artillery support, but note most delvers will roll Forward Observer by default. The Gnomco Customer Fire Support gnomes have an effective Artillery (Teleportation) skill of 12. The portal will appear in 1d minutes and remans open for 2d+2 seconds. During this time corrections made with Forward Observer will adjust the portal location. Each turn it is open 1d doomchildren push through and make a potential combat reaction roll for whatever they see on arrival. They react to anyone holding the designator wand at -4 in addition to normal monster reaction modifers.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 12-07-2022 at 02:37 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 10:40 AM   #92
martinl

OK, Sir Pudding, that is approximately as terrifying as RW nuclear arsenals. Good job.

Edit - It does seem that Hellgnome Doomkinder should have a gnomish twist though. How about giving each one a quasi-random assortment of unstable alchemical grenades?

On further thought, how come no one has armed Kaboomenfants with grenades before? The synergies...

Last edited by martinl; 12-06-2022 at 10:45 AM.
martinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 01:29 PM   #93
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Probably just pointy hats.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 03:54 PM   #94
dcarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post

On further thought, how come no one has armed Kaboomenfants with grenades before? The synergies...
Doomchilds carrying doombabies?
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:01 AM   #95
martinl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
Doomchilds carrying doombabies?
Creepy eyed dolls with pull strings on the back that trigger both an adorable voice saying an adorable phase and a terrible explosion of poisoned porcelain fragments.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:00 PM   #96
mburr0003

Gnomco Boomdaddy

Gnomco has devised the newest siege weapon for your arsenal, upsized Doomchildren! How did Gnomco get them to grow up to be bearded berserking BoomDaddys? Only Gnomco knows...

Boomdaddy
Boomdaddies are hulking demonic manchildren, frothingly berserk that attack everything over the slightest provocation. Often found alone, occasionally shepherding a pack of Doomchildren, sometimes accompanied by an errant Rageteen or two. Bulging eyes and bloated heads mar their disturbingly bearded manchild appearance. They’re very fragile; one solid hit will kill them. On dying, though, they explode in a cloud of flame, just like a magical fireball.

ST: 18 HP: 8 Speed: 7.00
DX: 18 Will: 10 Move: 10
IQ: 6 Per: 10
HT: 10 FP: 10 SM: +1
Dodge: 10 Parry: 11 DR: 0

Death Blast: On dying, produces a 9d burning explosion (just like an Explosive Fireball spell) and everyone within five yards is hit with a 3d cutting attack from flying bone shards (those who can see the explosion get a Dodge roll against this).
Large Knife (18): 5d-2 cutting at reach C, 1 or 3d-1 impaling
at reach C.
Traits: Berserk (12); Doesn’t Breathe; Doesn’t Eat or Drink; Doesn’t Sleep; Immunity to Disease; Immunity to Poison; Indomitable; Striking ST 10; Unfazeable.
Skills: Knife-18.
Class: Demon.
Notes: Unwilling to negotiate. Truly evil.
mburr0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 05:53 PM   #97
martinl

Suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburr0003 View Post
Gnomco Boomdaddy
Notes: Unwilling to negotiate. Will tell terrible jokes. Truly evil.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:56 PM   #98
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburr0003 View Post
Death Blast: On dying, produces a 9d burning explosion (just like an Explosive Fireball spell) and everyone within five yards is hit with a 3d cutting attack from flying bone shards (those who can see the explosion get a Dodge roll against this).
This reminds me of wights in the computer game Myth. (I'm unable to dig out my copy of GURPS Myth right now; anyone recall how much dam the wights' explosions do?)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #99
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
This reminds me of wights in the computer game Myth. (I'm unable to dig out my copy of GURPS Myth right now; anyone recall how much dam the wights' explosions do?)
"The Wight's attack does 7d uniformly over an area centered on himself with a radius of 12 hexes" (GURPS Myth, p. 66). Plus "level 5 irritant Venom" over the same area. (I don't remember what that meant in 3e.)
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 10:00 PM   #100
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
"The Wight's attack does 7d uniformly over an area centered on himself with a radius of 12 hexes" (GURPS Myth, p. 66). Plus "level 5 irritant Venom" over the same area. (I don't remember what that meant in 3e.)
Wow, that's a big blast radius. "Uniformly" is not at all how explosion dam normally works in GURPS, but I get that it's meant to be a direct translation of the computer game workings.

If we turn that into a proper DFRPG explosion, anyone outside the wight's hex will take far less dam than 7d. We could crank up the dam to something even higher - like the boomdaddy's 9d - to compensate, getting massive same-hex damage and a giant max radius of effect, but stout delvers even a few hexes away won't be hurt much. So it goes.

Anyway. Giant walking bombs on the battlefield? A good thing. (I suppose the only changes I'd make to the boomdaddy for myself, as personal preference, would be slower Move, making it a slowly-approaching Big Threat; and a proper HP 18 for its size, but with all boom-things blowing up on a major wound.)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)

Last edited by tbone; 12-13-2022 at 08:51 PM.
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, gnomco, gnomes