Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #1
GWFKanyon

Default Trap & Ability & Cheat

First off want to say thank you to Andrew who has answered all my questions about Rick & Morty Munchkin, it is very much appreciated. We just finally finished a game last night without there being an argument however more questions came up that I'm hoping can be answered.

1. If someone plays a trap card that a player suffers the effect of the two latest trap cards, and someone has a disarm trap card, that can wipe out the trap saying that the person needs to suffer the effects of the next two traps right? Or do you suffer that trap only to be able to use disarm trap on one of the two traps that then got brought back into play?

2. There is a card that needs a player to recall the bottom most trap card in the discard pile. Are you looking for the name? The description? Both? Either?

3. There is a cheat card in the Rick & Morty that says specifically can be used with ally or item, unlike other posts I've read where the cheat is only for the item. What would be allowed for the cheat with ally? Using their ability more than once a turn or just having another ally?

Again any help is appreciated. Thanks.
GWFKanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Trap & Ability & Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWFKanyon View Post
First off want to say thank you to Andrew who has answered all my questions about Rick & Morty Munchkin, it is very much appreciated. We just finally finished a game last night without there being an argument however more questions came up that I'm hoping can be answered.
You're welcome and I'm glad you had a game that didn't turn into a blood bath.

Quote:
1. If someone plays a trap card that a player suffers the effect of the two latest trap cards, and someone has a disarm trap card, that can wipe out the trap saying that the person needs to suffer the effects of the next two traps right? Or do you suffer that trap only to be able to use disarm trap on one of the two traps that then got brought back into play?
I would have to look closely at the cards in question, but in general, if you can cancel a Trap immediately, none of its effects take place. If you cancel it later, it may or may not be fully cancelable.

Quote:
2. There is a card that needs a player to recall the bottom most trap card in the discard pile. Are you looking for the name? The description? Both? Either?
Without pulling up the specific card, I'm not sure. My guess is "card name" but that's just a guess - I don't have my Rick & Morty set handy to look.

Quote:
3. There is a cheat card in the Rick & Morty that says specifically can be used with ally or item, unlike other posts I've read where the cheat is only for the item. What would be allowed for the cheat with ally? Using their ability more than once a turn or just having another ally?
This one's easier, at least: it lets you have an Ally you couldn't normally have, either because it's usually banned from your type of character for some reason or because you've maxed out the number of Allies you can play.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote