Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 11-25-2015, 03:43 AM   #1
dalbotex

Default Getting caught wearing too many items

Hi

According to my rulebook (German version 1.71) I'm allowed to equid more than one item in a single slot as long as I'm not caught by any other player. What happens when they actually do notice? If I'm not in combat I guess I could just change which cards are equipped, but what happens when I am in combat?

Cheers
dalbotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:29 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Getting caught wearing too many items

If your rulebook condones cheating, your rulebook is wrong. There is no set rule for fixing the cheating problem because the problem shouldn't arise in the first place. Each group will have to deal with the situation however they usually deal with people who think their fun is more important than following the rules of the game.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will work with Pegasus to get the rules fixed.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:43 AM   #3
dalbotex

Thanks for the quick reply.

In case it is of any help, here is the section of the rulebook which I was talking about:
Quote:
Weiterhin darfst du nur 1 Kopfbedeckung, 1 Rüstung, 1 Schuhwerk und 2 Gegenstände für jeweils "1 Hand" (oder 1 Gegenstand für "2 Hände") gleichzeitig nutzen – es sei denn du hast Karten oder spezielle Fähigkeiten, die dir erlauben, mehr zu nutzen, oder eine Karte, die dich schummeln lässt, oder die anderen Spieler erwischen dich einfach nicht dabei.
Which translates to:
Quote:
Further you may equip only 1 Headgear, 1 suit of Armor, 1 pair of Footgear and 2 items for "1 Hand" each (or one item for "2 Hands") at the same time – unless you have a card or special ability which allow you to use more, or a card which lets you cheat, or the other players simply don't catch you doing it.
dalbotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:31 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

Unfortunately, in a much earlier version of the English rules, a similar statement existed. However, it was also supposed to be clear that it was a joke.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote