Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #11
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: TFT Errata for Hexagram #3

Some posts in this thread fail to distinguish between errata (i.e., mistakes) and "things I, personally, would have done differently." If you find actual mistakes, please post them here. If you disagree with how Steve has designed something, feel free to write a house rule for it, but that's not errata. Please keep the distinction in mind.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 09-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #12
TippetsTX

Clarity of the designer's intent should also qualify, I think.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:33 PM   #13
TippetsTX

Staff to Snake states that 'killing' the snake will cancel the spell and break the staff, but would Staff II (or higher) be effected by this consequence since it is not a result of the Break Weapon spell.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:17 PM   #14
Shostak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
Staff to Snake states that 'killing' the snake will cancel the spell and break the staff, but would Staff II (or higher) be effected by this consequence since it is not a result of the Break Weapon spell.
Yes, the staff would be broken by killing the snake, because you are not killin git with the Break Weapon spell and thus that immunity is irrelevant.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #15
TippetsTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
Yes, the staff would be broken by killing the snake, because you are not killin git with the Break Weapon spell and thus that immunity is irrelevant.
I can follow the logic, but did Mr. Jackson intend to create this odd vulnerability? To my earlier point, understanding the designer's actual intent for these kinds of rule interactions is a valid function for errata and this thread.

Last edited by TippetsTX; 09-12-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #16
Fridge Logic Magnet

as 3 or 4 or Skarg queries indicate, the Dodge and Defend rules need serious clarification as to the writer's intent (So must get into errata). We've put our matches on hold rather than house rule this since we'd like to know what Steve intended. (I'm sure Retreats would have also become a thing so I'm waiting on that too)

Please have a claiifying paragraph in the errata on Dodge and Defend points brought up by Skarg

(thanks)
Old 09-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #17
Steve Plambeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridge Logic Magnet View Post
as 3 or 4 or Skarg queries indicate, the Dodge and Defend rules need serious clarification as to the writer's intent (So must get into errata). We've put our matches on hold rather than house rule this since we'd like to know what Steve intended. (I'm sure Retreats would have also become a thing so I'm waiting on that too)

Please have a claiifying paragraph in the errata on Dodge and Defend points brought up by Skarg

(thanks)
Such a paragraph, or at least one that comes close for purposes of clarifying Dodge and Defend, once existed Fridge.

This was in Advanced Melee, immediately following the list of options, and also appeared in the first edition of Wizard. Was it left out of the Legacy edition on purpose, or by accident? If by accident, then putting it back in the new Errata might be appropriate. This is the "missing" text:
CHANGING OPTIONS
It is legal to change options AFTER the movement part of the turn, to meet changing conditions. The only requirement is that the figure must not have already moved more than the NEW option allows. If you moved 0 or 1 hex, you may switch to any option you could have taken when the turn began; if you moved ½ your MA or less, you may attack, defend, dodge, or drop; if you moved over ½ your MA you may do nothing else that turn.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:02 AM   #18
Chris Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plambeck View Post
Such a paragraph, or at least one that comes close for purposes of clarifying Dodge and Defend, once existed Fridge.

This was in Advanced Melee, immediately following the list of options, and also appeared in the first edition of Wizard. Was it left out of the Legacy edition on purpose, or by accident? If by accident, then putting it back in the new Errata might be appropriate. This is the "missing" text:
CHANGING OPTIONS
It is legal to change options AFTER the movement part of the turn, to meet changing conditions. The only requirement is that the figure must not have already moved more than the NEW option allows. If you moved 0 or 1 hex, you may switch to any option you could have taken when the turn began; if you moved ½ your MA or less, you may attack, defend, dodge, or drop; if you moved over ½ your MA you may do nothing else that turn.
It hasn't been left out of LE; it's still there on p102 of ITL at the start of the section on Options. It's also in the new editions of Melee and Wizard. The statement is not exactly as you've written but makes it clear you CAN change options subject to restrictions.

Last edited by Chris Rice; 09-14-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #19
RobW

Weapons table p 110
Main gauche DX mod is +1, surely meant to be -1, like large shield
Old 09-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #20
Skarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
It hasn't been left out of LE; it's still there on p102 of ITL at the start of the section on Options. It's also in the new editions of Melee and Wizard. The statement is not exactly as you've written but makes it clear you CAN change options subject to restrictions.
Yes but it is not clear what those restrictions actually are. The original wording made it clear. The new wording has some people seeing there are several changes to the original game, as mentioned in my comment above and in the endless forum discussions about it.
Closed Thread