Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-31-2017, 10:08 PM   #11
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: In Nomine Cosmology (Multiple Planes of Creation)

If no PC can visit, does it really matter what Gehenna looks like other than from vague metaphorical second hand descriptions?
Old 02-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #12
gusty737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
If no PC can visit, does it really matter what Gehenna looks like other than from vague metaphorical second hand descriptions?
That's what I'm asking for. IN Nomine has no afterlife other the heaven or hell in canon and I'm asking how to make Gehenna a separate afterlife from Hell as the place for PC's to enter while making hell the inescapable plane the demon originated from.
gusty737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #13
William

What does the entity Gehenna think of the Abrahamic God? The Devil? Do angels think it's evil, or is it another order of servant of God, doing the duty it was created to do?

More importantly for a game, what are its effects for PCs? Can it be spoken to? What does it know? What are its intentions? Can Sorcerors contact it and ask it questions? Can it offer powers or make deals? Hopefully these questions will help you flesh out some gaming hooks for this entity.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #14
gusty737

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
What does the entity Gehenna think of the Abrahamic God? The Devil? Do angels think it's evil, or is it another order of servant of God, doing the duty it was created to do?

More importantly for a game, what are its effects for PCs? Can it be spoken to? What does it know? What are its intentions? Can Sorcerors contact it and ask it questions? Can it offer powers or make deals? Hopefully these questions will help you flesh out some gaming hooks for this entity.
Gehenna the plane is the where the wicked go. Gehenna the entity can create hellfire, burn garage both physically and spiritually, and produce magots and insects from itself. It trys to lure the wicked into Gehenna and its role is to make sure they don't escape without having to pass through purgatory. I'm assuming it could probably grant rites based on the burning of garbage and other waste product, I'm also assuming it might be willing to make deals that help it's soldiers shortcut purgatory at the cost of becoming hellsworn.
gusty737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heretical, setting