Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 09-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
PenitentDemon

Default Ineffectual blessed souls as saints?

Is it possible for a blessed soul who want particularly effective in life, to become a saint?

As I can see some one who achieved his destiny at the last instant wanting to do so? thoughts? on how archangels would react?
PenitentDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Whitelaughter

Default Re: Ineffectual blessed souls as saints?

The majority of Blessed Souls will have achieved 'little' during their lives, due to lack of resources - living on $1 a day, dying young in a 3rd world country, their Destiny being to share a cup of water with a stranger.

They would often be the most dangerous Saints, a lifetime of working with next to nothing meaning they value every gift Heaven has given them.
Whitelaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelaughter View Post
The majority of Blessed Souls will have achieved 'little' during their lives, due to lack of resources - living on $1 a day, dying young in a 3rd world country, their Destiny being to share a cup of water with a stranger.

They would often be the most dangerous Saints, a lifetime of working with next to nothing meaning they value every gift Heaven has given them.
"So the last shall be first, and the first shall be last."
--Matthew 20:16

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
William

If you mean someone not particularly competent wanting to be a Saint, Archangels can simply say no. They're obliged to let humans enjoy Heaven as long as they're not interfering with the War, and certainly they can never hinder them ascending to the Higher Heavens, but I don't think they're under any obligation to let a blessed soul return to Earth. Besides taking a serious investment of resources, that's almost certainly one of the few things the Blessed are discouraged from doing.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Right. You don't have to have been a Soldier, but the Archangel has to be convinced you can do the job, or you don't go.

That said, remember Mark Twain's story of going to Heaven and meeting the world's greatest general ... who had never served in any Earthly military, because he hadn't been born into a situation that allowed him to exercise his God-given gifts. If an AA can detect that kind of untapped potential, it may get put into play.

Statistically, a soul's odds are best with Michael, who uses thousands of Saints where others would use dozens. But even he won't recruit someone he has doubts about ... and his Saints need to be able to keep very, very quiet, since they may need to last a very long time as moles.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saints