Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #461
thedag

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Atlas Games, not SJG...
oops sorry. well available from warehouse 23 anyway!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #462
Aslan

Munchkinomicon -

Once a Spell is played it goes into a Spell Discard and is similar to the Fairy Dust as in they are out of the game (with the exception of using the Bookmark card).

Players may have up to 3 spells in their hand at the end of their turn, BUT they do not count against them in the total hand count.

It keeps the cards balanced, and yet very Munchkiny when they are played.
Aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #463
lordneg

Default munchkin hardcore

I didnt read all the house rules, so not sure if this is mentioned. but we have played like this before and like it. Add you die to every bad stuff you suffer, you die as normal. if you die is already in the badstuff. you are really dead. you go back to lvl 1 and lose race, class, powers ect..
lordneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #464
BlairBear

Default Re: munchkin hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordneg View Post
I didnt read all the house rules, so not sure if this is mentioned. but we have played like this before and like it. Add you die to every bad stuff you suffer, you die as normal. if you die is already in the badstuff. you are really dead. you go back to lvl 1 and lose race, class, powers ect..
That sounds ok in theory, but I play with some real "munchkins" and those games would be never ending if people kept getting dropped down to level one. To each his [or her] own though!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #465
cornixt
Banned

Not so much a house rule as a handy reminder - if a curse affects your next combat, place the card over the top of your highest bonus cards. That way you (and everyone else) will remember when you look at your bonuses during the next combat. So many times people will forget to apply the curse and it might be a few combats later.
cornixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #466
Squaty

When a combat ends, combatants each draw directly from the treasure deck according to whatever arrangement was agreed to beforehand (e.g. 1st treasure, every-other treasure). This we do instead of turning all of the alloted treasures over at once, then drawing.

Minor change, and not even really against the official rules (we believe our method qualifies as "or whatever" in the phrase: "If you offer him part of
the monster’s treasure, you must agree whether he picks first, or you
pick first, or whatever").
Squaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #467
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaty View Post
When a combat ends, combatants each draw directly from the treasure deck according to whatever arrangement was agreed to beforehand (e.g. 1st treasure, every-other treasure). This we do instead of turning all of the alloted treasures over at once, then drawing.

Minor change, and not even really against the official rules (we believe our method qualifies as "or whatever" in the phrase: "If you offer him part of
the monster’s treasure, you must agree whether he picks first, or you
pick first, or whatever").
It's not against the official rules to allocate Treasures based on the order the cards were drawn from the deck (the main Munchkin can deal them in a one for me, one for you fashion, for example, provided that's the agreement), but it is for the helper to actually draw any of the cards. The difference? If the helper was a Cleric, he could resurrect cards under your scheme but he can't under the official rules.

Edit: So more simply said, your distribution method is perfectly legal according to the official rules. Just change it so that the main munchkin draws them all before distributing like that and you don't need the house rule.

Last edited by Clipper; 06-14-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #468
Squaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
If the helper was a Cleric, he could resurrect cards under your scheme....
Ah, but he wouldn't! Because A) we've never thought of doing that (we're not very good about remembering about Race/Class powers); B) my fellow players are my obedient kids (6 and 10), and C) I guess that's the House Rule part of my House Rule!

We have a lot of house rules that are specifically designed to minimize the chances of more than one person handling any one card at a time, with the hope of limiting wear-and-tear on the (increasingly expensive) deck.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #469
FourDeuces

Quote:
Also, they still need to be drawn face up in the case of a helper, right?

Unless the house rule changes that one, too... :)
FourDeuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #470
Squaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourDeuces View Post
Also, they still need to be drawn face up in the case of a helper, right?

Unless the house rule changes that one, too... :)
Yeah, but we've never been overly secretive with our hands, face-up or down drawn cards from the pile has never been a priority, so, yeah, I guess that's part of the House Rule too.

Also, Dad has veto power over any and all excessively Munchkinly abuse between siblings--House Rule.

Also no crying--House Rule.

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice