Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-20-2017, 12:19 AM   #11
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.
Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy in Stores!

I don't think there was any way to hold back the Retailer Level fulfillment to prevent that from happening.

But yes, it is frustrating that someone can now purchase it retail when someone who backed hadn't yet received theirs (at least in the same country).
Old 09-20-2017, 12:22 AM   #12
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

People being able to buy it in brick-and-mortar stores as soon as possible is a good thing.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:11 AM   #13
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
People being able to buy it in brick-and-mortar stores as soon as possible is a good thing.
Can't argue that. I should check my locals to see if any of them supported it at a Retailer level and have it for sale.
I can get in there and show it off if that's the case!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #14
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Yep. a retailer being able to get a head start on sales is good for the store and might help drive preorders. These retailers took a bigger gamble than those waiting on customers to suggest what sales demand would be like.
Anyone who is experiencing a delay (and until a month ago the expectation was October) should feel sad they dont have it yet. However retailer backers should not have to wait any longer than any other backer.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #15
BrianEye

Speaking for this particular store: they brought in DiscWorld and Mars Attacks! on request, and moved a few more copies than mine. The owner commented the other day that he's been carrying more GURPS and as he does, more GURPS players have been showing up.

Apologies if anyone's put off seeing DF on the shelves. I was just excited to see it there, KS copies or otherwise, and didn't stop to consider the feelings of my fellow gamers worldwide, many of whom are still waiting on their own copies. I hope they arrive soon folks!!
BrianEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:47 AM   #16
jcfiala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
I'm not saying that it doesn't. In my head, I was expecting something bigger.
I'm actually a little annoyed at how big the box is, myself. The fact that we've got a square box with rectangular books annoys me a little. Not to the point that I'm going to be upset with what I've got, but it bugs me enough to reply to this, at least. :)
jcfiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:13 PM   #17
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEye View Post
Speaking for this particular store: they brought in DiscWorld and Mars Attacks! on request, and moved a few more copies than mine. The owner commented the other day that he's been carrying more GURPS and as he does, more GURPS players have been showing up.

Apologies if anyone's put off seeing DF on the shelves. I was just excited to see it there, KS copies or otherwise, and didn't stop to consider the feelings of my fellow gamers worldwide, many of whom are still waiting on their own copies. I hope they arrive soon folks!!
I never said I was put off. In fact, I would imagine I won't see it on shelves before I get it since my store should be suffering the same delays I am, correct. Just a little frustrated and anxious to start my in-store game. I'm happy to have the pdfs til then anyway, all printed but I don't want to start until it's in my flgs anyway.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #18
Joe

Quote:
Huge cheers for this!

Quote:
I'm excited just to see it on the shelves, getting more exposure. Thanks for the photo!
Old 09-21-2017, 04:38 AM   #19
Christopher R. Rice

Its in my local FLGS as well.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #20
demonsbane

Quote:
Can't get the image to display in the post, but here's my quick photo of it from earlier:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4366/...af341760_k.jpg

:)
What a nice shopfront.

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote