Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 11-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
robertsconley

Default Blackmarsh Update

Several years ago, I added the option of using the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license to Blackmarsh at the request of some people here on this forum to make it easier for people to use it for RPGs that don't have open content. This was done with version 3.0. Since then Creative Commons updated to version 4.0. One of the major difference is an explicit waiver of moral rights.

Since then several publishers have introduced third party publishing programs that don't use open content licenses. Since my intent to share Blackmarsh as widely as possible and to make it easy to use for one's own work. I removed the Non-Commercial and Share-alike requirements. Now only Attribution is required.

To be clear dual license means you can choose to use either license. Either as open content under the Open Game License or the Creative Commons BY Version 4.0. Use whatever one works best for your project.

You can download version 11 either from my website. Or from RPGNow if you obtained Blackmarsh there. If you bought a print copy there is no need to get a new one as the text remains the same.

Bat in the Attic
http://www.batintheattic.com/downloa...kmarsh_srd.zip

RPGNow
https://www.rpgnow.com/product/89944/Blackmarsh
robertsconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
RobW

Default Re: Blackmarsh Update

I'm not familiar with the different licenses you're referring to. It sounds like you might be releasing a free adventure, but I'm not sure?
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
robertsconley

Default Re: Blackmarsh Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
I'm not familiar with the different licenses you're referring to. It sounds like you might be releasing a free adventure, but I'm not sure?
It is a hexcrawl formatted setting that anybody free to use, adapt, and share for their own projects, commercial or non-commercial

It not formatted like a travelogue but rather as a bunch of location keyed to a specific hex like this

0413 A tribe of 190 kobolds dominate the forest north of the lake. High Chief Cruk rules the kobolds with the assistance of six other chiefs of the tribe (treat as goblins). He also leads the kobolds in the worship of a strange glowing sword of law in an open grove at the center of the forest. When the kobolds first arrived, a century ago, they tried to take the sword, but it killed any who touched it.

0415 These islands are known as the three sisters. Each island is the home of a nixie (HD 1, charm) and the three of them are rival sisters. They use their Charm Person ability to compete among themselves for the most handsome captives. They are not above conspiring with outsiders if it means that one sister is denied her prize.

0515 This is the dwelling place of the Lake King (HD 5, charm) and his court of 80 nixies (HD 1, charm). He will release anybody captured if they will kidnap his quarreling daughters and bring them home to him. (see 0515)
robertsconley is offline   Reply With Quote