Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:00 AM   #1
Izzy_B

Default after action report: JIGG Tokyo Akihabara, November 18, 2018

Only time for one game today and that ended up being with JJ once again.

We did the S1N/S map, a bash em up with 40 points of infantry and 30 points of armor each. My goal, defend the town hexes, his goal, eliminate my forces from town hexes.

JJ chose to come in from the south which kind of tripped him up on getting GEVs into the action quickly due to all the forest hexes. That and my howitzers in the area of the two towns on the west. I chose a superheavy for each of the three towns except the south east one and those do great just embedded in the town with the double defense.

By the end I only held the north east town with infantry having expended all my armor. JJ used a mobile howitzer to good effect and only too late did I manage to get that out of the game. He was down to just 2 heavy tanks and 8 squads of infantry but eventually he'd wear down the 6 points of infantry I had left in the NE town so that was that.
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
Cat

Default Re: after action report: JIGG Tokyo Akihabara, November 18, 2018

Sounds like fun! I'm fond of having a MHZ or two in the mix, placed on a convenient road, they can provide very nice covering fire.