Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #1
krank

Default GURPS Hellboy - adventures?

Hello, all.

I am a great fan of the Hellboy Comic, and the Hellboy RPG is just about perfect...

But do people out there actually play it? Are there any adventures floating around, or do people just play through rehashed versions of the comicbook adventures? I myself am currently planning a campaign which will be called "Songs of Futures Past", and dealing with Rudolf Hess' diary (and what was inside him), crazy nazi scientists, huge monsters, the Ogdru Jahad, and a machine capable of realizing utopias from the human history and subconcious...

So, what have y'all been playing? Or planning?
krank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
Icelander

Default Re: GURPS Hellboy - adventures?

Without having much knowledge about the Hellboy comics, I suspect that many plots ultimately involve Nazis.

With that in mind, I heartily recommend the GURPS 3rd Edition book Weird War II. High weirdness with a significant Nazi content abounds.

I also recommend columns from the the Pyramid webzine The Surpressed Transmission. Ideas for weirdness in the modern world or pretty much at any time. The best of the articles were also published in two GURPS books which were known as Surpressed Transmission I and II.

In short, just read everything you can find by Kenneth Hite and steal as many ideas as you can. He wants you to do it.

If you simply must have more ideas, weird Uncle Ken wrote a pretty good bibliography in his articles and there you can find hundreds of books full of ideas.

And there is always the Internet.

People there will believe anything and put up webpages about it.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
sward

I've done this a couple of times, so here's some of my plots:
under WWII a nazi officer have experimentet with time travel, in 1944 he makes the first jump (he's doing this himself), he then spends 61 years with a chaos drake in a dark univers and in 2005 he reappers in Berlin slightly (ok very) insane, and starts from secret bunker tunnels to blow Berlin up, oh and in that deep dark bunker, ther's left overs from the nazi experiments (babies in glas tanks, robots etc.)

ok. that was one plot but I can't remember any thing else, it was last summer, me and my friends played gurps hellboy last
sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
krank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
With that in mind, I heartily recommend the GURPS 3rd Edition book Weird War II. High weirdness with a significant Nazi content abounds.
Already got it, thanks. I also got GURPS Illuminati, Stempunk, and Steamtech for, amongst other reasons, to use as material for my Hellboy game. In fact, Weird War II was what gave me the idea of Hess and his diary... Excellent book, excellent resource - in fact, one of the best RPG books I've ever read.

Quote:
I also recommend columns from the the Pyramid webzine The Surpressed Transmission. Ideas for weirdness in the modern world or pretty much at any time. The best of the articles were also published in two GURPS books which were known as Surpressed Transmission I and II.
I'll check it out, thanks.

Quote:
People there will believe anything and put up webpages about it.
I know. I've been researching weird conspiracy theories and mythical stuff for years, since I'm working on my own contemporary-horror settings, which includes much of mythical lore (albeit mostly judeo-christian) and conspiracies... (a bit Kult-ish...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sward
I've done this a couple of times, so here's some of my plots:
under WWII a nazi officer have experimentet with time travel, in 1944 he makes the first jump (he's doing this himself), he then spends 61 years with a chaos drake in a dark univers and in 2005 he reappers in Berlin slightly (ok very) insane, and starts from secret bunker tunnels to blow Berlin up, oh and in that deep dark bunker, ther's left overs from the nazi experiments (babies in glas tanks, robots etc.)
OK, nice.
krank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #5
Phil Masters

The other GURPS book I think could be especially useful is GURPS Monsters (a collection of one-of-a-kind monsters defined as characters). Virtually every critter in that is basically a one-issue-or-more Hellboy story waiting to run.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hellboy