Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 05-06-2019, 07:11 AM   #21
Shadekeep

Default Re: Dungeon Of The Month

Ha, just saw from the KS that the Writer Guidelines have been updated to include 2-Page Adventures. I'm guessing my DOTM releases are already disqualified, since they've been "published" once. But it sounds like it will be fun for folks, and some have asked me on the Discord about doing their own in this format. Here's your chance!
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:06 AM   #22
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
Ha, just saw from the KS that the Writer Guidelines have been updated to include 2-Page Adventures. I'm guessing my DOTM releases are already disqualified, since they've been "published" once. But it sounds like it will be fun for folks, and some have asked me on the Discord about doing their own in this format. Here's your chance!
I'm not sure about this -- and no doubt Phil or someone will weigh in with an "official" answer on this in due time -- but I think "previously published" means in such a way that you gave someone else the rights to the item. Posting them on your blog doesn't in any way restrict your rights to the material, and so you could still "sell" them to SJG (and transfer the rights to them to SJG, which is part of the deal here) without creating any possibility of confusion as to who actually owns the rights to the material.

Put another way, I think they mean that in the "legal" sense, not the way you think they do.

Now, having said that, SJG might say they prefer to have things that HAVEN'T been put up on your blog before, just because they want something new to show, but that would be a different matter than that whole "previously published" thing.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 AM   #23
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Now, having said that, SJG might say they prefer to have things that HAVEN'T been put up on your blog before, just because they want something new to show, but that would be a different matter than that whole "previously published" thing.
Yes, this is the part that I think would be likely to disqualify my DOTMs. When they were soliciting other stuff like Hexagram materials and Postcard Dungeons, they asked that the work not be shared anywhere else. But it's okay either way, I'm happy just getting my stuff out there and finding folks who are using it.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:35 PM   #24
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
Yes, this is the part that I think would be likely to disqualify my DOTMs. When they were soliciting other stuff like Hexagram materials and Postcard Dungeons, they asked that the work not be shared anywhere else. But it's okay either way, I'm happy just getting my stuff out there and finding folks who are using it.
You know, I almost hate to suggest this -- but at some point, a year or two down the road maybe, consider putting them together and self-publishing over on Lulu or something. Dyson does it with his maps, and while SJG might at least want a head-nod in their direction, I would think you could probably fast-talk Steve into letting you do something like that while giving him some free advertising space in them for the Legacy Edition or something... (I know, I know -- I don't have a clue what SJGs would like or would be willing to do, but I DO know that if you don't at least ask, the answer is always "no;" whereas if you DO ask, sometimes you get a surprisingly pleasant answer!)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #25
Shadekeep

I've posted the new format versions of the adventures. These use columns and justification to hopefully make them more legible. Please let me know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
** snip **
Actually, I do have a sort of plan about what I might do with these once they are complete. I need to talk with some other folks first. ^_^
Old 05-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #26
Helborn

Re Deathspine. You mentioned 16 levels for exit but only have 13 populated. Just a typo
Old 05-14-2019, 08:03 AM   #27
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helborn View Post
Re Deathspine. You mentioned 16 levels for exit but only have 13 populated. Just a typo
Ah cockapoopie! Good catch, thanks. That's left over from when the tower was taller. It was less focused than the current design so got whittled down. 13 is a nice number for an evil wizard anyway.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:15 AM   #28
Shadekeep

The April release is out now.

Lord Duchemin's Shadows

This is a one-room "dungeon", in which bad things keep happening one after another. Can form the basis of a castle of your own design, or drop it into an existing layout with a little tweaking.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:47 AM   #29
Shadekeep

Here's the May release.

The Devil Will Drag You Under

This one is set in a series of underwater grottoes. It's a capture-and-return mission on a family of pirates. I've added some new fauna inspired in large part by animals on our own world. And I've committed the cardinal sin of an adventure designer - I've added a new slime. ^_^

Grab it at the usual place - http://shadekeep.com/

Feedback and corrections welcome, as always!
Old 05-31-2019, 01:22 PM   #30
Shadekeep

Thanks to AFSchell on the TFT Discord for the suggestion of providing clean maps without markup. These are useful for printing or integrating into other play aids. I will work on producing them in PNG format and add them as an extra available download on each DotM. I'll post a follow-up here once that is all ready.