Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #61
Anaraxes

Default Re: -80% Limitation Cap: Any Exceptions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
A jam in the M4 doesn't disable the 203, does it?
If two items merely being physically attached counts, then every piece of gear joins the AA group as soon as you clip it onto your webbing. The combat knife Melee IA joins the rifle/grenade launcher AA. This doesn't really make sense, so qualifying for inclusion in an AA group needs a bit more reason than "I have two attacks".

Running out of ammunition for one attack similarly doesn't qualify if you track the types of ammunition separately. If you have some sort of dial-a-nuke or phaser with stun/kill settings using a common power back, so that there's a common ammunition supply, then there's a better argument for loss of one ability blocking the other, and thus for qualifying for AA membership.

The Hawkeye/Green Arrow type character either has a quiver of N arrows that can each become A, B, or C, so that using them all to do A means he has nothing left (an AA); or he has a quiver of nA+nB+nC arrows, and the ammo limit doesn't constrain the others (Limited Use added independently to each ability in the AA, but then the AA wouldn't shut down for loss of one ability). The AA rules don't really cover the range of fine detail well.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #62
kirbwarrior

Default Re: -80% Limitation Cap: Any Exceptions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
A jam in the M4 doesn't disable the 203, does it?
If built as an AA, then 'yes'. There are three things to AA's as far as I can tell;

You can't use them simultaneously; they either take a Ready maneuver or are attacks that can't be used in the same turn.
Disabling one disables them all; note that is actually disabling, not spending all of their inherent resources (FP, ammo, etc.)
If an ability has a restriction that you can't use it until the duration is over, that applies to the entire AA.

Some versions of weapons thrown together as one act as AAs. Others don't. As long as it follows the above three rules, then it is an AA.

As for OP, there are plenty of answers but it just comes straight to GM prerogative. For instance, not in any book but in the designer's notes for powers, it talks about how AltForm that you can't either control or decide when it turns on can be taken as a disadvantage if the GM allows.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
80%, limit, limitations, multipliers, question