Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 12-09-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
Shadekeep

Default Re: Hexagram #3 Preorders

Received the PDF via W23 just now, thanks! Issue looks great. Pleased at how well the postcards shown survived the postal service, and some stylish looking entries all around!
Old 12-10-2019, 02:35 AM   #12
Steve Plambeck

Thrilled to have gotten my pdfs tonight -- thank you! Especially happy to have one of the add-ons, the pdf of Game Design Volume 1. That book was an old favorite of mine (I practically memorized it) but I haven't seen my original copy in years, so this makes me happy!
Old 12-10-2019, 07:17 AM   #13
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Please post any questions/comments in the Kickstarter update so that Steve can collect info for #4.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2706351
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:32 PM   #14
Tom H.

Just a quick shout out to Shadekeep.

I just got the PDF and skimmed it.

I still have a lot to read, but the Starship Enterprise stamp on Shadekeep's postcard really caught my attention and made me smile. Great usage.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:23 AM   #15
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Thank you for letting us know as your rewards arrive, gang!

Please be sure to check the "mark as received" button on Kickstarter.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:57 AM   #16
larsdangly

I've also received my hard copy as well as the play mats, and I'm delighted with both. I'll comment more on the content of HG#3 after I've read it all, but I can already say the play mats are a marvel! I really love these, particularly for the various styles of play where you are just focused on having fun for a couple hours rather than a long term rpg campaign. I particularly appreciate the fact that these tesselate and visually match one another. I strongly encourage you to keep going with this idea. I don't know if the 2 designs that will go out with Decks of Destiny can be easily merged with these, but you should definitely consider having future mats set up so that they extend to the margins and potentially link to one another (it is fine if they don't all freely line up to all other mats in all directions). Basically, I'll buy and use any number of products of this kind.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:38 AM   #17
Chris Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
I've also received my hard copy as well as the play mats, and I'm delighted with both. I'll comment more on the content of HG#3 after I've read it all, but I can already say the play mats are a marvel! I really love these, particularly for the various styles of play where you are just focused on having fun for a couple hours rather than a long term rpg campaign. I particularly appreciate the fact that these tesselate and visually match one another. I strongly encourage you to keep going with this idea. I don't know if the 2 designs that will go out with Decks of Destiny can be easily merged with these, but you should definitely consider having future mats set up so that they extend to the margins and potentially link to one another (it is fine if they don't all freely line up to all other mats in all directions). Basically, I'll buy and use any number of products of this kind.
Since the megahexe tiles are the same size you can use them to link and personalise the maps. I've done this and it works well.
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #18
MikMod

Are the errata (or clarifications) from Hexagram #3 going to be made freely /widely available, or will it only be a mysterious inner circle that hears the word of truth from the master?
MikMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:03 AM   #19
Jeff Lord

SJG has made it clear that they wanted both print and online resources for a number of good reasons. The errata can be found here:

https://thefantasytrip.game/resources/errata/
Jeff Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #20
Steve Plambeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Please be sure to check the "mark as received" button on Kickstarter.
Rather humorously the height of irony is that the entire process was smooth as silk, went perfectly, got all my wonderful goodies delivered today... but I get the error message "Ooops, something went wrong!" trying to click the "mark as received" button!