Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-01-2016, 05:26 PM   #3861
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Just the six of us," Corat assures her.

"Seven. Nice auspicious number." The disembodied voice comes from whatever electronic device is still working in Cameron's place, likely her phone. "This is Quark, here in the wires, watching for your Rocinante. From what I can tell, its purpose is to makes its holder unwatchable, so what I'm watching for are gaps that shouldn't be there. By myself that's a massive task, so with your permission I'll ask my archangel for some more hands on that."

"Cool by me," says Corat. "Any objections?" he says to the room.

Ryuki takes the opportunity to take the reins. "We track Tishbite electronically and we track the Huntsman with the dog--wherever you put him--and the guy in the blender. I'll get hold of the demon queen," he hates saying her name where there's even a remote possibility that she'd hear it, "and use Tishbite to buy us free range in her town. Her town for now." He sits down and rests his chin on his hand, knowing he's overlooking something. His eye spots some jellybean colored plastics, and he starts looking for a box to put them in. "Even if this Rocinante program hides his tracks from electric angels, it won't hide him from Glen and I."
Mitch jumps slightly at the voice coming from the phone "Forgive me, I did not know that one of Jean's was joining us. Welcome Quark." He takes a seat after helping himself to some coffee "Perhaps we can divide our forces. There are seven of us now it seems. Some of us can go after Tishbite and turn him over and the others can go after the Huntsman."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:07 PM   #3862
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch jumps slightly at the voice coming from the phone "Forgive me, I did not know that one of Jean's was joining us. Welcome Quark." He takes a seat after helping himself to some coffee "Perhaps we can divide our forces. There are seven of us now it seems. Some of us can go after Tishbite and turn him over and the others can go after the Huntsman."
"There are six of us. Is it really a good idea to separate?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #3863
chumley1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
After everyone gets settled and drinks are served, Cameron tries to offer her two bits worth. "So, Rocinante is a program I designed that will make it's user basically untraceable, as Quark said." She chews on her lip a little. "It's good for causing harmless pranks on Bad hacker sites, but if it falls into malicious hands, it can be devastating. I'm not sure if Mr. White knew what he was getting his hands on, as I could only ID the software by the flash drive that was missing from my stash."

"Mr. White will have a Hello Kitty USB drive with this bad boy on it, because no one expects something so cute to be so bad, right? I'm sure if Quark and I work together, we can try to find some means to try to trace it. What Mr. White *doesn't* know is I have the source code for this, and I bet we can figure out some means to find him if or when he decides to use it."
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:50 AM   #3864
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"No. Tishbite is not the priority and I don't see why we are wasting our time with that right now. The Huntsman has been running free for far too long. Every second he is free is another second he brings his lord's plan to fruition. We should focus our attentions to finding him and we already agreed that Shuck can help us."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
After everyone gets settled and drinks are served, Cameron tries to offer her two bits worth. "So, Rocinante is a program I designed that will make it's user basically untraceable, as Quark said." She chews on her lip a little. "It's good for causing harmless pranks on Bad hacker sites, but if it falls into malicious hands, it can be devastating. I'm not sure if Mr. White knew what he was getting his hands on, as I could only ID the software by the flash drive that was missing from my stash."

"Mr. White will have a Hello Kitty USB drive with this bad boy on it, because no one expects something so cute to be so bad, right? I'm sure if Quark and I work together, we can try to find some means to try to trace it. What Mr. White *doesn't* know is I have the source code for this, and I bet we can figure out some means to find him if or when he decides to use it."
Ryuki covers his face with his hand and makes a guttural noise ((partly because OOC the thread on FB is making him beg for brain bleach)). He walks up to Sunae and addresses her directly. "It's easier to herd the cats when we can agree on a number." He backs off a little but continues to speak, making her wait to make her retort. "First, we keep Cameron safe. We got her into this mess, so she's our responsibility. That, and I think I like her. Best way to do that is to keep her with us, admittedly only marginally safer than leaving her here." ((Actually parking her here would be safer, but I'm trying to keep the party basically together.)) "I will get Ruby on the phone. Mitch, as a local and a Trader, will help me get a deal from her to give us free rein in Los Angeles while we track the Huntsman, because the safe money says he's still in LA. The best thing I can think of to offer her is Mr. Tishbite White--no need to tell her he's not that urgent to us. Once we have the freedom to move this group around, we can go full-on hunting."

He returns to Sunae from his little tirade, to Sunae, the strongest will in the room outside his own. "Does that suit you?"
Old 03-04-2016, 11:49 AM   #3865
Dalillama

Quote:
"No. Tishbite is not the priority and I don't see why we are wasting our time with that right now. The Huntsman has been running free for far too long. Every second he is free is another second he brings his lord's plan to fruition. We should focus our attentions to finding him and we already agreed that Shuck can help us."
"I'd think that a demon we know is causing trouble would be a higher priority. Besides, as Ryuki says, we can use one to help find the other."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:09 PM   #3866
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He returns to Sunae from his little tirade, to Sunae, the strongest will in the room outside his own. "Does that suit you?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"I'd think that a demon we know is causing trouble would be a higher priority. Besides, as Ryuki says, we can use one to help find the other."
"No. But...I can't argue that what you say has merit."
Old 03-06-2016, 01:55 AM   #3867
tHEhERETIC

"Alright." He takes a deep breath, gets his mind into a familiar place like a martial artist focusing before a match. "We're going to call her first, and I'm going to put her on speaker phone. I won't mention it, but she'll hear the difference right away and probably ask. At that point I'll lead her to believe that you, the angels and their allies, are twisting my arm on this. For one, that will slow down any rumors that I've picked a side, and for another that will make her want to talk to Mitch or whoever she thinks really holds the ball. We hold out on that, do you understand? Make her want to talk to you. Make her dance around me to get it.

"She will also insist on negotiating in person. I will refuse, and frankly with the honest reason: I don't want her to lay hooks on the details. We have an agreement in hand before we take her infernal 'handshake', which we can do in Santa Cruz this weekend. She may want to do that earlier, but agreeing to that means meeting her on her own turf--do I need to tell you how dangerous that is?"

He pauses, bringing his tension back down. "I will lie to her, tease her, even flirt with her. That's part of negotiation. If you have an objection, get my attention visually, so she doesn't hear it. If you say something out loud I have to spin it as an arm-twist, so don't make that too difficult, okay?"

He paces just one step, not quite enough pause for you to step in. "Here's the basic idea as I understand it: We get free rein in L.A. for a period of time--I'd like to know our minimums and maximums on that. We take out this Vappie and his friends as our payment for that, but she doesn't get in the way if we decide to take out anyone else in the process, within reason. We'll have to define 'within reason' but what we have in mind is that Huntsman and anyone who might get in the way of that. I don't think we should mention him to her at all."

"Thoughts?"
Old 03-06-2016, 03:01 AM   #3868
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Thoughts?"
"How do we explain why we want this temporary freedom? Wouldn't she send people to follow us to find out?"
Old 03-06-2016, 06:05 AM   #3869
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"How do we explain why we want this temporary freedom? Wouldn't she send people to follow us to find out?"
He agrees readily. "Almost certainly she'd have eyes on us. I don't think we need to offer her a story, though it wouldn't hurt to have one at the ready. Unless we need it, though, we just offer to solve her problem and suggest she not question it much. Maybe hint that we have a beef with this Mr White, not come out and say it or it becomes really difficult to charge her for removing him."
Old 03-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #3870
Dalillama

Quote:
"Tell her the truth, or part of it. We have a problem with someone who's hiding in LA, but isn't one of hers. If she lets us go after him, we'll take care of her renegade problem while we're at it. "
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine