Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #1041
alexondria

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Speaking to Josh, "Do, you really think that sisters lose contact with each other just because they have differing goals?"

<<He's not Ruby's boss. He's an agent of the game.>>
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #1042
ladyarcana55

<<So what's the plan?>>
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #1043
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"So you're the wizard," Uncle Josh purrs. "That means...." he hesitates, looking around, stopping at the conspicuously bald head, "that must be the Windy. I finally get to meet you. What a complete pain in the a-- you two are."
Kane smiles, as if completely overtaken by Harmony ...and the last shreds of the Song make it easy, urging him to an impulse that his Malakite nature would normally abhor.

"What can I say?" he says with a shrug and a grin. "We are what we are, partner. And I'll be damned if I've ever gotten a chance to just ... well, talk to you guys like this. You know, you ... you ..."

The other thing Creation angels know is expressiveness. His face is overlaid with the kind of adoration between guys that you normally only see in beer commercials, his eyes twinkling as though having discovered a long-lost friend. The kind of expression that looks so humiliating on the face of a Stonie ... or at least a perceived one.

He steps forward and embraces the big demon in a big, warm, loving bear hug, squeezing tight enough to take breath away for a moment. And maybe Songs away, too.

<<It's now,>> he thinks on the Battle band, making especially sure that Nisroc, Sunae, Corat and Ryuki hear him. He approvingly notes the green glow of Sunae's shield again ...

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #1044
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Nisroc again, a bit caustic. <<I have no love for martyrs.>>
<<I am no martyr, but I am no coward either.>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
<<It's now,>> he thinks on the Battle band, making especially sure that Nisroc, Sunae, Corat and Ryuki hear him.
((OOC: Has Kane stoned himself yet? That is not clear to me))
Old 02-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #1045
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

As he takes "Josh" into his arms, one side of Kane's brain can't stop spinning -- the lyricist portion, the one that keeps playing with words. Something about that demon's name ...

That Korean guy in the IE, he muses. The one whose arm I wound up having to break. What was it he shouted? 'You jerk' was how the girl translated it, though it was probably closer to 'you bastard.'

He tries to call on his phonetic memory.

<<Anyone who speaks Korean -- does the word 'jashira' or 'ejashira' or anything like that mean anything to you?>>

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #1046
Puck

Quote:

"And how, dear Ruby, did you contact angels?"

Ryuki slides over the windowsill and walks up, tidy and groomed, to the gathering of the burnt and bloody, a blue silk shirt (not the white one he was wearing before) looking slightly wrinkled and artfully untucked. "She asked me."

Ruby knew he would ask for payment for that lie later, but all the same beamed as though it were true.

"So you're the wizard," Uncle Josh purrs. "That means...." he hesitates, looking around, stopping at the conspicuously bald head, "that must be the Windy. I finally get to meet you. What a complete pain in the a-- you two are."
OOC: Sorry for being so quiet the past few days.

IC: Mitch hides his wince at the lie and keeps his eyes on "Uncle Josh." He can't help a small smile at the mention of Corat and Ryuki being pains in the rear. <<"That's certantly true">> he thinks on the link <<"Oh I belive this Uncle Josh works for the Game if that helps ID him.">>
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #1047
ladyarcana55

<<Wait a minute...I think we are all over thinking this. 'Uncle' in Korean is ajeossi..((pronounced Ah-juh-shi)). Is that what you are looking for?>>
Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #1048
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane smiles...
The other thing Creation angels know is expressiveness. His face is overlaid with the kind of adoration between guys that you normally only see in beer commercials, his eyes twinkling as though having discovered a long-lost friend. The kind of expression that looks so humiliating on the face of a Stonie ... or at least a perceived one.

He steps forward and embraces the big demon in a big, warm, loving bear hug, squeezing tight enough to take breath away for a moment. And maybe Songs away, too.

<<It's now,>> he thinks on the Battle band, making especially sure that Nisroc, Sunae, Corat and Ryuki hear him. He approvingly notes the green glow of Sunae's shield again ...
The debasement sells it, and Ajosshi fails to recognize the attack until he's wrapped in a hug, one arm pinned, the other patting Kane's back. He tries desperately to pull the other arm free before the stone hardens but only partially succeeds.

"Oh you poor dear!" he says, still enthralled by his own Song, "you're all frozen. It's like something out of a Greek myth. Folks, you have to do something. You can't let him be found like this."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
<<I am no martyr, but I am no coward either.>>
Nisroc finishes his Song and then addresses the Battle band. <<It's not cowardly to run from a hungry lion.>> It's addressed to Sunae, but it isn't.

Quote:
<<Wait a minute...I think we are all over thinking this. 'Uncle' in Korean is ajeossi..((pronounced Ah-juh-shi)). Is that what you are looking for?>>
<<Probably is. Glen, what can you find on that name?>>
Old 02-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #1049
ladyarcana55

Quote:
<<It's not cowardly to run from a hungry lion.>>
<<You and I have different definitions of what a hungry lion is and when it is time to run>>

Quote:
The debasement sells it, and Ajosshi fails to recognize the attack until he's wrapped in a hug, one arm pinned, the other patting Kane's back. He tries desperately to pull the other arm free before the stone hardens but only partially succeeds.

"Oh you poor dear!" he says, still enthralled by his own Song, "you're all frozen. It's like something out of a Greek myth. Folks, you have to do something. You can't let him be found like this."
Sunae starts running at him with her sword at the ready. the sword's flame flare in anticipation of the impending slaughter.

She uses Kane as an incline to really put some weight behind this attack.

At least, that was her intention. But as she begins her run, she finds it impossible to continue. Sunae had forgotten about the Song of Forbidding that was Sung at her, and she curses herself quietly for it.

The fiery blast of the sword has melted quite a bit of the makeup so bits of her extensive body tattoo peeks out. There is actually enough of it that, if it shows, it acts as a sort of body suit, covering up anything that is best left discreet.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-21-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #1050
Dalillama

Quote:
Quote:

<<Probably is. Glen, what can you find on that name?>>
<<Well, I'm away from my sources right now, this theatre isn't exactly my library. I'm pretty sure I've heard of this one, though. There's a demon of that name who's convinced that he's an angel, and that his job is to rid the world of people like us. He's listed as a demon who you do not summon, because he's very powerful, impossible to bargain with due to his madness, and wants to kill you even more than the usual run of demon. He's very cheerful, but however charming he seems, he is absolutely not to be trusted in even the smallest thing. Anything more than that, I'll need my references though.>>
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine