Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 11-26-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
Wayne

Default thefantasytrip.game website

Hi,

Just a suggestion to the powers that be.

http://thefantasytrip.game

Should this site be updated? The last entries was 9/11 about the preorders.

There is no point advertising the preorders being open now.

Why not mention the new module?

Anyway my 2¢ worth

Wayne
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:31 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: thefantasytrip.game website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne;2224713[URL="http://thefantasytrip.game"
http://thefantasytrip.game[/URL]

Should this site be updated? The last entries was 9/11 about the preorders.
Yes. In a perfect world, we would be posting updates to the site every week. At the moment, with our workload and staff size, we're prioritizing Kickstarter updates when it comes to TFT communications. The project supporters put their trust in us to do this right, and it would be wrong of us to _not_ give the project supporters the latest news.

Additionally, before we can add the new PDF to the site, we need to create the product page structure and design for the site. We need to list all of the distribution releases, and we need to do so _this_ week since we officially announce the first distribution titles next week.

We have a small team and we work as hard as can. Unfortunately, there aren't enough hours in the day to handle everything as quickly as we would like. We will absolutely get to the TFT.Game website and get everything just so . . . but not right now.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:10 AM   #3
Wayne

Phil,

Thanks for your reply. I know I come across as critical at times. That is never my intention, I have only SJG interests at heart.

I’m amazed and very impressed with all the work so far. I just want this project to be as successful for you as possible.

Keep up the good work,

Wayne
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:26 AM   #4
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
I know I come across as critical at times.
Criticism isn't an issue. We just want to be direct and open about as much of the business as possible, and we want to communicate our reasons for things as often as we can.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:33 AM   #5
BobP

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Criticism isn't an issue. We just want to be direct and open about as much of the business as possible, and we want to communicate our reasons for things as often as we can.
I'm all for openness, and I praised y'all earlier for making the KS readership feel like part of the development process...

... but honestly I could do with fewer status e-mails. Maybe one a week when there's news instead of two or three, and every other week when there's uh not? (If you announce this as a plan, that will probably cut down on the "hey what's news?" queries. A little. Maybe.)

Condolences on the re-org, but having new product out and more coming in the next week or three but NO mention on the product line website? It sounds like you want a website redesign, but I would prioritize living, breathing, salable content over that.

Anyway, safe trip and best wishes.
BobP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:39 AM   #6
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobP View Post
I'm all for openness, and I praised y'all earlier for making the KS readership feel like part of the development process...

... but honestly I could do with fewer status e-mails. Maybe one a week when there's news instead of two or three, and every other week when there's uh not? (If you announce this as a plan, that will probably cut down on the "hey what's news?" queries. A little. Maybe.)
In our experience, every person who says "too much!" is countered by someone saying "not enough!" The balance is difficult to find; we're doing what we can to keep everyone informed.

As the game moves into the final stages, there will be less and less that we can report on. Right now, because of the size and complexity of the project, there's constantly new info to share.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #7
Shadekeep

If the emails in question are those coming from Kickstater, you can disable them under your Notifications settings. I got tired of getting emails from various projects, since I generally check my Activity stream each weekday anyway. That way I can review them all in one go, instead of getting a dozen emails a day from things I've backed.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:00 AM   #8
Buzzardo

Quote:
In our experience, every person who says "too much!" is countered by someone saying "not enough!" The balance is difficult to find; we're doing what we can to keep everyone informed.

As the game moves into the final stages, there will be less and less that we can report on. Right now, because of the size and complexity of the project, there's constantly new info to share.
You've got it right for me. Of course, that's a sample size of one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
If the emails in question are those coming from Kickstater, you can disable them under your Notifications settings. I got tired of getting emails from various projects, since I generally check my Activity stream each weekday anyway. That way I can review them all in one go, instead of getting a dozen emails a day from things I've backed.
I'm the opposite. I rarely visit Kickstarter, but the emails keep me up-to-date on the projects I've backed. To each their own. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:18 AM   #9
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
I'm the opposite. I rarely visit Kickstarter, but the emails keep me up-to-date on the projects I've backed. To each their own. :)
Quite so. Options are a good thing. ^_^

And I concur that the frequency of updates so far has been just about right, at least for myself.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #10
JLV

Quote:
Yes. In a perfect world, we would be posting updates to the site every week. At the moment, with our workload and staff size, we're prioritizing Kickstarter updates when it comes to TFT communications. The project supporters put their trust in us to do this right, and it would be wrong of us to _not_ give the project supporters the latest news.

Additionally, before we can add the new PDF to the site, we need to create the product page structure and design for the site. We need to list all of the distribution releases, and we need to do so _this_ week since we officially announce the first distribution titles next week.

We have a small team and we work as hard as can. Unfortunately, there aren't enough hours in the day to handle everything as quickly as we would like. We will absolutely get to the TFT.Game website and get everything just so . . . but not right now.
I'll offer a suggestion then, that might help -- post your kickstarter updates to the website too. If you want to make sure the backers are informed first, just delay the post to the website about a week. Not a ton of extra work (the content is already written, frequently with cool pics attached) and the KS posts are definitely informative both about what's happening in the production process, and about new things in the works.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote