Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 03-23-2018, 06:16 AM   #1
Trapt888

Default Promo Cards, Sadness and despair.

I live in Washington and there is only one store in the state that participates in "Munchkin CCG Events". Which means that even though I was there and purchased my starter sets and booster boxes on DAY ONE, no promo cards. No where around for more than 200 miles is involved. And though I've begged and pleaded with my local game store, they haven't agreed to participate. Very sad. Also I can't get a hold of ANYONE regarding an Organized Play kit. Though I've emailed twice. These are my current sad problems lol.
Trapt888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:24 AM   #2
unstashed

Default Re: Promo Cards, Sadness and despair.

I have an extra set - not sure if I have an extra aggro bat, though. If you post on the trade forums we can arrange something.
unstashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
Bithlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapt888 View Post
I live in Washington and there is only one store in the state that participates in "Munchkin CCG Events". Which means that even though I was there and purchased my starter sets and booster boxes on DAY ONE, no promo cards. No where around for more than 200 miles is involved. And though I've begged and pleaded with my local game store, they haven't agreed to participate. Very sad. Also I can't get a hold of ANYONE regarding an Organized Play kit. Though I've emailed twice. These are my current sad problems lol.
On thing that works with some local game stores (but not others), is some kind of cost guarantee. The stores aren't allowed to sell you the kits, obviously, but you could give them a guarantee that if they don't have enough players to cover the cost of the kit in their event you will pay the difference.

I don't know how SJG would feel about that sort of arrangement, but I know it worked for some stores in Doomtown.
Bithlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
Solelron
Banned

Quote:
not sure where in WA State you are in, but there are some things going on close to the OR/WA Border, including launch events.
Solelron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:43 PM   #5
HunterS
Marketing Director

Quote:
As far as the last note, we will not be offering OP kits to non-retailer entities, sorry, but that's a hardline stance.

For the actual issue of getting your store involved, the best way to get them on board is playing at the store and showing them there are people interested. The kits themselves are not expensive (free in some cases) but making sure they get used and that people are going to buy the game at the store is their main concern. Some of the tips above are pretty on point, but it can be tough converting a store to a new CCG, as we've experienced in some cases. Hopefully they come around! Make sure they know to contact retailers@sjgames.com for resources as well, we can help them out at any time.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:20 PM   #6
SpeedyAus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterS View Post
As far as the last note, we will not be offering OP kits to non-retailer entities, sorry, but that's a hardline stance.

For the actual issue of getting your store involved, the best way to get them on board is playing at the store and showing them there are people interested. The kits themselves are not expensive (free in some cases) but making sure they get used and that people are going to buy the game at the store is their main concern. Some of the tips above are pretty on point, but it can be tough converting a store to a new CCG, as we've experienced in some cases. Hopefully they come around! Make sure they know to contact retailers@sjgames.com for resources as well, we can help them out at any time.
I find this Hard being in Australia thier isnt a big Following, I love the game and play with my group, So far i have aqquired 4 booster boxes and every starter kit but the Fomo and other limited cards will never be in my reach
SpeedyAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:02 AM   #7
HunterS
Marketing Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAus View Post
I find this Hard being in Australia thier isnt a big Following, I love the game and play with my group, So far i have aqquired 4 booster boxes and every starter kit but the Fomo and other limited cards will never be in my reach
Have your store reach out to retailers@sjgames.com and we can see what we can do.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote