Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Rurik

Default Acquired items from trade or helping other

Just got the core game for Christmas, and my family has fallen in love with it. There are two questions that I have yet to find an answer to though, either in the FAQs, or the forums, so my apologies if this has already been answered.
1) can items received through trade be played immediately by a player if it is not that player's turn, and can it be then changed to "in use" as well?The question comes from a weapon I traded during my turn to a player for a different weapon. Both items were on the table. Other players weapon was in use. The weapon they received from me....does it go to their hand? In play? In use even? Or do they now have to wait for their turn to play it?

2) items like singing and dancing sword, or the pantyhose of giant strength, can they be equipped even if the player already has different items equipped in both hand slots and all three armor slots? These cards dont have the words "1 hand" or "armor" written on them, so are they free modifiers?
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Acquired items from trade or helping other

1) Items from trade must be left in-play by the new owner. Items can be put in-use when you get them, unless you are in-combat.

2). Those items are not Armor, Footgear, or Headgear, and do not use Hands. So they do not take up a "slot" when they are used.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Rurik

Default Re: Acquired items from trade or helping other

Thank you so much for the swift reply! That is what we thought, but clarification is so much nicer.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote