Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2022, 09:53 PM   #1
MrCrowley

Default Aimed Rapid Fire Ranged Deceptive Attack

Say I have a character with Guns (Rifle)-12 and an Assault Carbine with Acc 4 and RoF 15. My boy is trying to shoot some pesky ninjas with high Dodge scores 5 yards away, so he decides to take a Prediction Shot or Ranged Deceptive Attack (MA 121). Now, with the -2 penalty for shooting a target 5 yds away, my only adequately skilled gunman is already shooting at an effective skill of 10, too low for a Deceptive Attack. However, if he takes an Aim maneuver and unloads his full RoF, he’ll add +7 to his roll for an effective skill-17! Now he can eat -6 in Deceptive Attack penalties and give his target -3 dodge.

So, am I understanding these rules right? Do the bonuses from Aim and RoF count for taking Deceptive Attacks? It seemed odd to me that some guy with a decent guns skill could take an enemy’s Dodge from 12 to 9 just like that, or maybe modern weapons just that effective. I don’t know if this has been addressed anywhere, especially since the rules for Prediction Shots were added later on in GURPS

Last edited by MrCrowley; 10-25-2022 at 09:59 PM.
MrCrowley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deceptive attack, martial arts, tactical shooting