Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2022, 07:01 AM   #1
Calliban

Default Martial Arts-related "expansions" other than Imbuements?

So, I'm planning a Martial Arts focused campaign that is very inspired by classic video game 2D Fighters like Street Fighter and King of Fighters (but mostly their Anime adaptations). As such, Weapons of any kind will be rare, with all PCs being solely focused on unarmed combat.

Martial Arts + Chambara Rules + cinematic skills like Power Blow and Flying Leap do a lot for this kind of game, to the point all the PCs will be Trained by a Master in this campaign. But I was looking for some extra material that would fit well with the Martial Arts subsystems and rules in order to better emulate the source material.

I really enjoyed Power Ups 1 - Imbuements, as it can add an extra layer to unarmed combat. They mostly fit right away with the "ridiculous training, not super powers" expectations of the genre.

What other books and materials could add some extra interesting layers to Martial Arts, without deviating too much from MA itself? What other supernatural abilities would neatly fit into the genre, as expansions/enhancements of the current material?

Tags
imbuements, martial arts, suggestions wanted