Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 01-30-2024, 12:06 AM   #51
Steve Plambeck

Default Re: Epic Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bofinger View Post
  • I'm having a hard time understanding this example.
    • It seems like you spent one more attribute point, and hence 600 more XP, on the 9-12-11 because you wanted them to have sabre, but I'm not clear they needed sabre any worse than the other character did. So why did you buy it for one character and not the other?
    • To make the revised build more affordable in the long run, IQ had to start at 13. Taking ST 10 to have the saber would have meant only 9 for DX, so the saber must be put off in order to have at least DX 10.
      Quote:
      • Also the 9-10-13 character won't be able to buy Fencer at generation so will have to buy it later? Which costs 1500 XP?
      • That's right, if you can't take a talent you want at build, it'll cost more later. If you don't start with IQ already high enough for when you do take that talent, it'll cost even more later, so much more you may never get it.
      Quote:
    • I don't think the list of talents available to a character is a problem here, which I thought was the subject of "epic talents", but I guess we left that behind a long time ago.
    • No, we've wandered far off topic so maybe time to drop this.