Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #151
nik1979

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Sins of the Crusades

It is the year of our lord 1092, the Empire of Rome is under threat and the Princes of Constantinople Intrigue behind its great walls.

GM expectations - My intent is to give it a drama and intrigue, with bouts of violence which escalates as Alexius gets his house in order. I plan to adopt the narrative to what you guys have in mind.

Finally a Chance to use GURPS Crusades, Constantinople, Mass Combat, City Stats, and a lot of Low Tech.
MIB#2428
nik1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #152
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979 View Post
Sins of the Crusades

It is the year of our lord 1092, the Empire of Rome is under threat and the Princes of Constantinople Intrigue behind its great walls.

GM expectations - My intent is to give it a drama and intrigue, with bouts of violence which escalates as Alexius gets his house in order. I plan to adopt the narrative to what you guys have in mind.

Finally a Chance to use GURPS Crusades, Constantinople, Mass Combat, City Stats, and a lot of Low Tech.
where are you running this game? I'm interested

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #153
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Lost in dreams is recruiting! (as always)

A fairly normal person finds themselves naked and alone in strange worlds, taken by a seemingly uncontrollable jumper affect tied to dreams. The game focuses on social aspects, but does include action. The rate of play doesn't matter: these are one person campaigns.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #154
Michael Thayne

Agents of SUPER

Gritty Supers / Psi / Mysteries / Y2K

With the approach of the new millennium, people have begun getting powers. Is it aliens? Government experiments? Black magic? No one can agree on an explanation. Fear runs high. Enter the PCs: government agents with supernormal powers, assembled to help deal with the simmering crisis...
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:30 AM   #155
PenitentDemon

IN NOMINE

Low Key Game starting with 4 force humans, and relievers.

Wanting to play through the transformation into a Soldier, or a full fledged angel.

I'll be giving doubled XP awards at firsts to speed up ones fledging.

I might also have room for an ethereal.
PenitentDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #156
Justin_Bedard

GURPS OF THE DEAD: When deranged crime lord Hector Elizes unleashes a short-lived mutagenic virus, thousands of people in the little town of freemont become infected, becoming murderous monsters of mass mutilation. You, along with the few remaining survivors have banded together for the fight of your lives... and stop Hector's evil plot!

It's a b-rate zombie-flick parody, with all the blood and gore expected in it... Grindhouse-style.

The game'll be a lot slower than my other ones... I'm in need of a player or two more...
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #157
Dragyn

Default Sentinels of Freeport

Sentinels of Freeport is a Monster Hunters game set in the fictional city of Freeport. Freeport is an eastern coastal city in the US, center of shipping, industry and some tourism. It is also the center of a certain degree of supernatural happenings and home to a chapter of Vigilae Luminis. Characters will take the part of members or freelance associates of Vigilae Luminis, and will form a team to investigate, engage, and deal with supernatural threats in the Freeport area.

I'm seeking up to 4 players.

Thanks for looking!

<><
Dragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #158
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

God Slayers

A collection of ancient and powerful beings must protect earth as it disturbs the multiverse in a cross world economic boom of discovery!

1000 points (please check op first though!)
Magic as Powers
looking for 4 to 6 characters.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #159
fifiste

Would anybody be interested in (Wu)Xia style campaign in ancient pseudo China.

It would start relatively low powered with some chambara options - but the advancement in CP should be rather fast and with options to buy several cinematic and options as perks in game etc.

(The idea of gaining new kewl advantages and for this finding new masters and quests would be one of the key driving elements of the campaign. )

Obligatory starting story would be 2-3 close firends/siblings etc. that are grown up on the road under the protection and tutelage of a traveling monk and are now currently on the move to receive training in healing arts in exotic monastery.

Sense of duty to this small group is obligatory, also some kind of Xia COH will be enforced (our adventurers should be the good guys). I haven't decided the precise CP and disad numbers but right now are thinking in the range of 150 cp + 50 disad +5 quirks (COH, and SOD not counting for limit).

Skills and advantages available:
at the creation:
all unarmed combat skills are available
as well as staff and sling and throwing art
techniques and combos can also be bought
all esoteric skills except invisibility art are available

Rules for chambara movement from MA are automatically enforced from get go. That means jumping distances in combat are automatically assumed to have running start, acrobatic movement roll penalties are halved. From the get go PC can buy tehniques for flying and acrobatic attacks that remove move and attack maneuver to hit cap. Rules for buying successes are in play. At character creation CP-s can be left for such exact purpose.

during play:
other chambara options like trading attacks for movement, +3 to all retreats etc. can be bought in play as extra option perks after suitable in game justification. (training,quest,blessing etc.)
same goes for invisibility art and exotic/supernatural abilities like healing or innate attack (those need to be bought with chi modifier.)

Also other perks for cinematic options and rules exceptions, unusual training etc. might be negotiated to be bought during play -
the idea is to start small but get bigger than life in reasonable time (with suitable training montage in the background.)

Last edited by fifiste; 05-03-2014 at 12:25 AM.
fifiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #160
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Space Ruins is recruiting!

Space ruins is about a very talented team that searches precusor sites in search of ancient technology. Challanges will include making the tech do stuff, surviving defenses left by the precursors, and fending off less scrupulous rivals (or sometimes more scrupulous rivals).

This is space opera with a decent amount of safe tech, high super-science, and no psionics.

Characters are built on 250 points.