Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #31
Mack_JB

Default Re: Ogrezine

I figured $3 was too small an amount for an effective credit card processing, so upped my pledge to $10 -- it isn't like it won't be worth it.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #32
Stabliser

Yeah I may just have to sign up for a second copy of the pdf ;)
Stabliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #33
HeatDeath

Wow, it looks like we're gonna blow through all the stretch goals in the first 24 hours. But some of the most interesting thresholds on this project aren't called out by stretch goals.

One threshold that I know will be /very/ interesting to Phil's eagle eye will be when, and by how much, the number of $3-level backers passes 333, indicating that this would have funded even without the sweetener of minis and other merch. Subsidizing additional articles with merch sales is great and all, and I really appreciate people getting the opportunity to get the colored minis they may have missed out on earlier, but the number of $3 backers is a much more real measurement of the number of people willing to pay small amounts of money for Ogre content, perhaps on an ongoing basis.

I wonder if SJG have considered Patreon or a Patreon-like subscriber setup for Ogre content?
HeatDeath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #34
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
Honestly, I hope to see them well before the KS project closes. The release of writer's guidelines can be a nice bit of buzz generation for the project and indicate to the backers (and potential backers) that the whole idea "has legs."
They should be released well before it closes. Just dotting "Is" and crossing "Ts" . . .

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #35
Knockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
...One threshold that I know will be /very/ interesting to Phil's eagle eye will be when, and by how much, the number of $3-level backers passes 333, indicating that this would have funded even without the sweetener of minis and other merch. Subsidizing additional articles with merch sales is great and all, and I really appreciate people getting the opportunity to get the colored minis they may have missed out on earlier, but the number of $3 backers is a much more real measurement of the number of people willing to pay small amounts of money for Ogre content, perhaps on an ongoing basis.
I actually agree - it's got the potential to measure a vital dataset that would be very useful for future marketing and product planning. So if this was just a straight forward simple KS project, I would have kept it at the $3 pledge input - especially as the extras are all 'US-only'. And aye, I've had the reasoning behind that sent to me via FB.

Still doesn't get away from the fact that non-US Ogre fans feel a little let down, and it's fair to forewarn the Admin here that there is now talk of a boycott of this KS project. I won't myself, I'll add $3 to the $4,500 I already gave SJGames back in 2012, but I'm sadly underwhelmed by this one, and I so want this great game to get further global reach.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:42 AM   #36
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockman View Post
Still doesn't get away from the fact that non-US Ogre fans feel a little let down, and it's fair to forewarn the Admin here that there is now talk of a boycott of this KS project.
Everything offered is/will be available across the globe. If we were to offer the physical rewards to international supporters, the shipping costs would be high. No, higher than that. Higher.

If someone wants Ogre Sixth Edition or Ogre Reinforcements, both are available right now in stores. Ask your local game store to order copies if they don't have the two in stock.

As to the minis, those will be offered in distribution and on Warehouse 23 later.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #37
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
I wonder if SJG have considered Patreon or a Patreon-like subscriber setup for Ogre content?
We have no Patreon plans at this time. There have been talks (not about Ogre), but there is nothing written down that I would call a "plan" for us to use Patreon.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:23 AM   #38
Knockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Everything offered is/will be available across the globe. If we were to offer the physical rewards to international supporters, the shipping costs would be high. No, higher than that. Higher.

If someone wants Ogre Sixth Edition or Ogre Reinforcements, both are available right now in stores. Ask your local game store to order copies if they don't have the two in stock.

As to the minis, those will be offered in distribution and on Warehouse 23 later.
Is there some potential that non-US backers could have acquired the physical rewards from their local stores/stockists (FLGS)? That in turn might have had the stores increasing their orders of Ogre-related products?

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #39
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockman View Post
Is there some potential that non-US backers could have acquired the physical rewards from their local stores/stockists (FLGS)?
Sorry, I am not understanding the question. Help!
Old 08-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #40
Knockman

Ah, OK.

Hypothetical situation: I want to pledge to this Ogrezine KS, but I also wanted one of the physical rewards too. To then get that physical reward, and with agreement of my games shop here in UK, I could have presented my 'Ogrezine Backer Voucher' to them and picked up the physical reward from them. And to supply me that item, my local games shop orders stock from you/wholesaler to provide me and other UK backers with our KS physical rewards.

Does that make sense? :-)