Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #61
Lamech

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post

Code:
I've got a trio of nasties that need dealing with.
No client, Pro Bono situation.  
I'll buy the beers when the job's done.
Code:
I can help if I have time to grab my kit.
Got a call for help dealing with nasties. Its probably not connected, but no reason not to check it out right? Plus the Marcus might know something, especially if someone approached him to assassinate a mage. Do we have a blue marker somewhere? I'm pretty sure... ha! Found one, I'm reasonably certain when bezerkers went into battle they had blue runes to protect themselves. If you want the spell on you too, I'll draw some on you too.

Lara draws on her hands and face some approximation of nordic symbols. (Jenny too if she's okay with it.) Technically stuff she just found online by searching "Nordic Runes". She grabs her book on casting Armor of the Beserker, this time being lame with just tracing the symbols in the air.

Spoiler:  

Midway through the spell Lara stops, swears, and stumbles over too a metal table grabbing onto it. The good news is we didn't explode. The bad news is she vomits on the floor, a mixture of Doritos, ramen and blood. A lot of blood. well that. That was painful.

Lara texts Marcus again:
Code:
Bad news, I just fumbled a spell and I'm down a lot of blood. 
If you let me in on the drinks I can pay though. 
Need to get that fluid replacement and everything.
 Better yet, I'll take everyone out to dinner.
Gonna go hit the snack machine and water fountain. Want anything?
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 02-15-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #62
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Warehouse: Randal Kane

Propelled by carefully perfected muscles, Randal reaches the guard in about one second. Surprised at his speed, the man is only able to open his mouth in surprise before getting beaned in the face. He falls down to the ground, severely disoriented.

Ketty and Plumber: Jack Brown, Marcus Savage

Its fairly long range, but marcus picks up a two signals. One is most likely Ketty herself -- a moderate power witch just inside the house, aspected for the paths of chance and magic (those are her strongest paths). The second signature appears to be a cursed one. If Marcus is reading things right, the cursed one will heal wounds very quickly and is capable of bursts of strength. The cursed one is also not a bog standard human -- things have been changed that don't require magic to maintain.

EDIT:
The mage is a non-adept standard RPM user with magery 4, who's strongest paths are chance and magic (no talents boosting magery)
The cursed one has a strength burst of +6 ST for 10 seconds to a minute, and regenerates at 1 HP/ min. He has many other 'fire and forget' magical changes to him.

GM Rolls:
Sense roll
Analysis (mage)
Analysis (cursed one)

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 02-17-2015 at 12:07 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #63
Ransom

Brother Man considers the message he received earlier. "Yes, I think this one isn't your fault. Still, for whatever reason these people have taken an interest in you, and I doubt they are friendly."

Brother Man looks around the park, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

(could it possibly be that the Hermit happens to be hanging out here?)
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #64
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Shawn Fen: Brother Man, The Hermit

The hermit is visiting one town when he looks at local destinies and one of them catches his eye: a kid who is about 90% likely* to die in the next year, but by a wide variety of methods and even a wide variety of actors, most of them supernatural. being shot. being stabbed. being torn to bits by fae. becoming terminally ill with a supernatural disease. jumping out of a window. His destiny is important not in itself, but as a weather bell to something bigger. How he dies (or somehow survives) will be a omen of things to come.

The young man is in the park. Approaching him, the kid is with a big black man who somehow manages to seem threatening and gentle at the same time.

OCC: yes, this is brother man and shawn.

* yes, even with supernatural PC help.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #65
Skullcrusher

Randall checks the gaurd to see if he is concious. He will check him for hand cuffs.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #66
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The warehouse: Randal Kane

The guard is delirious but conscious. He has handcuffs on his belt.

GM rolls:
Per (to check for handcuffs)

Old 02-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #67
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
This is better than I could ever have expected, Jack thinks with a swell of pride, and Brown cackles manically in response. Jack takes a moment to swallow the rush of boundless glee shared by him and Brown, and then says, with a straight face, "Congress-witches with super-plumbers and kinky strippers. How are those 'stranger things' measuring up now?"
"I do sense something in there, the witch must be your senator friend... And there is someone cursed... from birth it feels like. Must be your plumber... He's a fast healer, and can make himself really strong for short bursts. I'm not getting a read on anything too sinister... Things are already looking pretty chaotic over there. This is your gig, how do you want to handle it?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:18 AM   #68
Refplace

The Hermit is dressed in his typical garb, long heavy cloak, staff and carrying a lantern.
He steps to where they will walk into him and waits.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:14 AM   #69
Skullcrusher

Randal retrieves the cuffs, cuffs the security guard, retrieves some duct tape from his backpack and tapes his mouth shut. He looks around for a nearby dumpster pay close attention to time and location of the dumpster in relation to cameras.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #70
Talosian

"I do sense something in there, the witch must be your senator friend..."

"More of an acquaintance, really," Jack mutters, while ignoring Brown's equivalent of a snort.

"And there is someone cursed... from birth it feels like. Must be your plumber... He's a fast healer, and can make himself really strong for short bursts. I'm not getting a read on anything too sinister..."

"Huh, I had him pegged as something creepier," Jack frowns, Not that a cursed plumber isn't creepy enough.

"Things are already looking pretty chaotic over there. This is your gig, how do you want to handle it?"

Jack is silent for a moment, watching the commotion at the house. "Well, there's only one way to be sure that the Incredible Plumber isn't a threat. I'll go get him. Meet me in the garden?" Jack pops out of the car at a run, and vanishes a few feet away. A few moments later the hedge at the side of the house rustles as he leaps over it.

Spoiler:  

Last edited by Talosian; 02-18-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote