Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-10-2015, 01:25 PM   #121
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

((OOC: OOps, No, I must have misread the situation... let's switch targets to the armored demon.))
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:09 PM   #122
Talosian

Ketty and the Plumber

Though slightly perked up to find that the plumber had been lying to him, Jack continues to glower silently throughout the conversation. When they finish, Jack trudges off, choosing to avoid the painfully awkward conversation he had no desire to engage in. He leaves for a few hours to let Ketty fry the electronics, but he spends a significant amount of time lurking invisibly in the woods for the next few days, hoping to redeem himself by catching sight of something suspicious.

Spoiler:  

Three Fae

Jack is lounging casually on a bench in the mid-city park he tends to haunt, looking out at the pond, and idly amusing himself by chasing children with illusory geese. His phone buzzes, and the geese vanish as Jack fishes his phone out of his pocket. Huh. Marcus wants help. Maybe that didn't go as badly as I thought? It did, believe me. Jack stands up with a sigh and a cat-like stretch. Well, it can't hurt to help out. We need all the friends we can get. Without texting Marcus back, Jack goes looking for Marcus. He checks his house without result, and this time refrains from tampering with anything, not wanting to further imperil their tenuous alliance. He then heads to the junkyard, but doesn't find Marcus there either. With a frown, Jack sits on a stack of old tires, pulls out his phone, and gives Marcus a call.

If he actually gets through to Marcus, he'll say (or start to say), "Where're you at? I couldn't find you anywhere."

Spoiler:  
Old 03-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #123
the_matrix_walker

Jack receives that standard automated voice-mail system, as Marcus turned off his phone before going into the building.

((I didn't specify, but he would have done so. Even on vibrate it could alert others to his location. ))
Old 03-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #124
Talosian

Jack frowns at the pre-recorded message. Did he run off and get started already? Jack hops off of his tire stack and goes looking for Marcus' boss or coworkers, hoping that they might know where he went.

Spoiler:  
Old 03-12-2015, 10:25 AM   #125
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Three Fae: Marcus Savage

Marcus slowly advances. Over half of the walls are made of the webs. Or maybe just under half -- Marcus really doesn't have time to figure out the exact ratio. Its a lot of web. Pieces of floor near webbed walls are illusions as well. At 20 long paces, Marcus hurls the axe.

His target was good and ready for it. And doesn't even try to dodge. The long sword plucks the weapon right out of the air and it spins to the side and hits an illusory wall, where it gets stuck to the wall without actually penetrating it.

Armour Demon: "I thought you were going to come and fight. Not stand back and throw sticks at me. If you want to go back to killing hostages, that's always and option"

Marcus knows the demon is perfectly aware if he uses that threat too much it will go away. For some reason it would really like Marcus to go hand to hand. The spider starts very slowly and quietly moving closer to Marcus. He wouldn't know without his chi-sense.

GM Rolls:
Attack -- 14 vs 10
Per-based Taijutsu -success. Enemy has effective sword skill of 17
Body Language -

Enemy rolls of note:
parry thrown weapon: 12 -1 (large thrown weapon), +2 (all out defense) = 13 -- you aim, he responds. not that either action changes anthing here.

OCC: 6d? was he supposed to be using power blow with that?

Three Fae: Jack Brown

Jack finds Henry Mills, the owner of this pile of iron. Mr. Mills is a little reserved: "Marcus is out right now yes. He asked you to come along, but didn't tell you where? why in the blazes should I tell you? Yeah, he might be in trouble. And you might be trying to set up an ambush for him."

GM rolls:
reaction roll
(no influence roll attempted yet)

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #126
Ransom

"God be with you, Shawn. If you are worried, here is a word for you: 'If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden terror or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.' Tomorrow, we will get to the bottom of this."

Brother Man will spent the night walking around Shawn's neighborhood. He'll be dressed for action in his longcoat and tactical goggles, booted and gloved. He'll have his staff, and under his coat his bolas and his cold iron and silver spearheads. He'll also be carrying his bible, a powerful headlamp for tactical purposes, and a weaker red light to read and walk by. He's leaving his javelins at home this time. He'll also have on him the prepaid cell phone he uses for hunting-related calls, but no personal ID related to his daytime life (his hunting activities may be somewhat of an open secret to those in the know, but he prefers to avoid complicating his mundane work).

Even though most aspects of his appearance suggest "homeless man" rather than "dangerous vigilante" he will still try to avoid drawing the attention of any overzealous neighborhood watchmen. If he can, he'll find an empty corner with line of sight to Shawn's house to sit and read his bible. Every 20 minutes or so, he'll make a sweep of the area looking for anything out of the ordinary.

[ooc] noting that he has Danger Sense working passively and Supernatural Sense working actively.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #127
the_matrix_walker

Spoiler:  

"If you're so anxious, come get some monster."

Marcus will continue to move toward the armored foe, hurling axes in the same fashion every few steps until he closes to under 10 yards, at which point he will draw the divine Jīngshén dāo (His giant katana).

He will try and maintain the illusion that he does not know where the spider is... better to let it believe it is fooling him than to force it to change tactics he thinks to himself....
Old 03-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #128
Talosian

Jack laughs. "Seriously? He'd see me coming from a mile away and I'd get curbstomped into next week. Plus, what kind of idiot ambusher would ask their target's boss for directions? I mean, that's just insulting." Jack shakes his head, "Look, I'll show you the message he sent me, alright? I assume you know his number?" Jack pulls out his phone and displays Marcus' text message to Henry. "There, see? He said heel, and I came running." Jack smiles an ambiguous smile, possibly friendly, and possibly condescending. "Woof."

Spoiler:  

Last edited by Talosian; 03-12-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #129
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Shawn Fen: Brother Man, Hermit

OCC: Waiting for hermit to make his decision on what to do tonight.

The spider creaps slowly forward, and Marcus throws another axe. The demon swats it to the other side.
"I did not come here to play ball with you vampire"

The third axe is going strait for his face and is deflected up.
"How many of those stupid things do you have? you're going to run out sooner or later. Are you scared to come fight me with your own weapon?"

As Marcus draws his fourth axe, he can almost hear the demon roll its eyes "You really have a small, one track mind, don't you? Throw the axe. That doesn't work? throw another one! But you have to wonder, where is the other demon? I promise she's not hanging from the ceiling on the way to me. That just wouldn't be classy. Wouldn't fit any of our styles."
The axe flies, and sticks to a wall after its deflected. Marcus draws his sword.

"Finally! the part I've been waiting for. Get ready to give back all the life you've taken, vampire!"

The Spider is still on the floor, about 5 yards away from Marcus -- a little forward, a little the the left, and a little down. He knows at least part of the wall between them is webbing, if not the floor. The spider can't see through her own illusions, but Marcus has a nagging suspicion that doesn't matter to her.

Attack Rolls:
Axe 2: 14 vs 8 -- deflected
Axe 3: 15 vs 12 -- deflected
Axe 4: 15 vs 13 -- deflected
Tactics+4 -- success (spider and webbing)

OCC: Weapon master! ok. that makes sense. I've never really done much with it.

Three Fae: Jack Brown

Mr. Mills: "I didn't get an exact location. They did give me which side of which neighbourhood and say it was an big apartment building. More than that I can't tell you. I'm not honestly sure what'd I'd do if I found out he was in trouble. Here. <he hands Jack a note>. That's as much as I know"

GM rolls:
Fast Talk -- success

OCC:
Fast talk isn't about lying (though it is what you generally lie with). Fast talk is also about convincing people to see things your way: "I'm no threat to Marcus!" It may or may not be true, but that isn't what matters. What matters is that you're trying to convince someone by throwing lots and lots of convincing their way. The line above was definitely fast talk.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-19-2015 at 01:13 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #130
the_matrix_walker

Three Fae:

Marcus takes a step and Evaluates the armored demon.

"You talk too much, monster."

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-12-2015 at 04:29 PM.