Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Zoider
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Default Items

I have a few questions about general gameplay;
  1. Can I remove an item that I have in play and return it to my hand, or do I need to replace it? ie, I have a 2h sword in play and someone equips thief, can I return the card to my hand to avoid the possibility of it being stolen? Or, to replace an item, 2h sword, do I have to play another 2h sword? If I play a second 2h sword does the first one get discarded, return to hand, or stay in play on the table sideways?
  2. What happens to class specific items that are in play if you lease the respected class / race? Do they return to hand or do they remain in play sideways on the table?
  3. How many items can be equipped that are not slot specific? Items like the pantyhose of giant strength.
  4. Can you have as many carried (sideways) items as you want on the table? If you play a card sideways on the table, can you return it to your hand?
  5. I have expansions 1-6. Should I mesh all these sets together?
Zoider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
bonetm
 
bonetm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brazil
Default Re: Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoider View Post
I have a few questions about general gameplay;
[*]Can I remove an item that I have in play and return it to my hand, or do I need to replace it? ie, I have a 2h sword in play and someone equips thief, can I return the card to my hand to avoid the possibility of it being stolen? Or, to replace an item, 2h sword, do I have to play another 2h sword? If I play a second 2h sword does the first one get discarded, return to hand, or stay in play on the table sideways?
The general rule is: cards never go back to your hand. An Item that is carried but not used get to be turned sideways.

Quote:
[*]What happens to class specific items that are in play if you lease the respected class / race? Do they return to hand or do they remain in play sideways on the table?
Same as above. Items don't go back to your hand. If you can't use them anymore just turn it sideways. You are now carrying, but not using/wielding said Item.

Quote:
[*]How many items can be equipped that are not slot specific? Items like the pantyhose of giant strength.
The rules say you can carry as many Small Items as you like, so there is no limit.

Quote:
[*]Can you have as many carried (sideways) items as you want on the table? If you play a card sideways on the table, can you return it to your hand?
You can have in play (carry) as many Small Items as you want. You can only carry one Big Item. You can't return cards to your hand, they can be turned sideways if they are Items. Otherwise, they probably can only get discarded.

Quote:
[*]I have expansions 1-6. Should I mesh all these sets together?
That's the idea. Maybe, since you are new to the game, you may want to add them little by little, to get a feel of how the game plays, than add other, and other. But, apart from M6, there isn't much change on the gameplay, so you could add them all if you feel confortable with it.
__________________
Igor Toscano
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
MunchkinMan
Super Moderator
 
MunchkinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Macungie, PA
Default Re: Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoider View Post
I have a few questions about general gameplay;
  1. Can I remove an item that I have in play and return it to my hand, or do I need to replace it? ie, I have a 2h sword in play and someone equips thief, can I return the card to my hand to avoid the possibility of it being stolen? Or, to replace an item, 2h sword, do I have to play another 2h sword? If I play a second 2h sword does the first one get discarded, return to hand, or stay in play on the table sideways?
  2. What happens to class specific items that are in play if you lease the respected class / race? Do they return to hand or do they remain in play sideways on the table?
  3. How many items can be equipped that are not slot specific? Items like the pantyhose of giant strength.
  4. Can you have as many carried (sideways) items as you want on the table? If you play a card sideways on the table, can you return it to your hand?
  5. I have expansions 1-6. Should I mesh all these sets together?
On the very first page of the rules, under Card Management, it says, "Cards in play may not be returned to your hand[.]"

Also, Igor has the right answers for everything.
__________________
Erik D. Zane
Munchkin NetRep -- munchkin@sjgames.com
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.