Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 09-12-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
divuca

Default Archangel Michael Tattoo

Some of you may remember back in May I asked how to get ahold of Dan Smith. Thank you for your help in that matter. I did get his ok to get the Archangel Michael drawing he did for In Nomine tattooed on my right calf. The piece is completed and if anyone wants to see it, let me know via a PM and I will email you a picture. Or if someone can tell me how to post pics in the forum, that would be even better.
divuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Archangel Michael Tattoo

You can't post pictures in this forum but you can link to a free photo-sharing site such as Photobucket.com.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
divuca

Thanks for the idea... so here ya go. Please let me know what you guys think. It was finished Thursday, so still in the healing process. The placement is on the back of my right calf.

Tattoo
divuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #4
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

COOL! Very, very cool!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
William

I've always been impressed with that picture, and seeing it with the blood colored red makes it even more intense. Very neat.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #6
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
I've always been impressed with that picture,
I dunno. To me, it's always been the Archangel picture that was worst, in my opinion - I've always felt it completely failed to convey any sense of glory, or righteousness, or be otherwise, well, angelic. I think it would have served better as a picture of Baal, frankly...
Not to derail the thread, 'cause any In Nomine tatoo is cool... If I had lots of money and higher pain tolerance, I'd get the picture from Book III of the softcover rulebook (the one with the "Heaven's Hellions" angel choking the demon) as a tatoo. Or a t-shirt...
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:03 AM   #7
timespike

Were I to get inked with something from In Nomine, Laurence's superior symbol would probably be it. (And given I'm a practicing (protestant) Christian who wants to go into law enforcement, it would even be appropriate, though maybe not as much as Dominic's symbol which I don't find all that compelling.)

"May you never meet a truly good man, he'll kill you without a word." -Sam Vimes from Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett
timespike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:03 AM   #8
timespike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly_pedersen
I dunno. To me, it's always been the Archangel picture that was worst, in my opinion - I've always felt it completely failed to convey any sense of glory, or righteousness, or be otherwise, well, angelic. I think it would have served better as a picture of Baal, frankly...
Not to derail the thread, 'cause any In Nomine tatoo is cool... If I had lots of money and higher pain tolerance, I'd get the picture from Book III of the softcover rulebook (the one with the "Heaven's Hellions" angel choking the demon) as a tatoo. Or a t-shirt...
Respectfully disagree. That picture says "kicking evil's ass since the dawn of time" rather loudly to me.

"May you never meet a truly good man, he'll kill you without a word." -Sam Vimes from Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett
timespike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #9
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by timespike
Respectfully disagree. That picture says "kicking evil's ass since the dawn of time" rather loudly to me.
Eh. The actual image of Michael is pretty good - the blue jeans, the greying hair, the bloody hands, the "Ok, I'm done with that lot. Who's next?" expression. But the background completely throws it for me. The skulls, the barbed wire, the pile of corpses, are all stuff that I'd expect around a demon, not an angel. Basically, the picture established Michael as a badass quite nicely. But I really think it portrays him as, ethically, the exact opposite sort of badass as what I see him as.

Now, his picture in War and Honor, that's awesome!
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly_pedersen
Eh. The actual image of Michael is pretty good - the blue jeans, the greying hair, the bloody hands, the "Ok, I'm done with that lot. Who's next?" expression.
Um, not meaning any disrespect to anyone, but it looks more like he bit his hand and it turned into a bunch of strawberry jam.
It doesn't convey any badassness or scariness to me, though it does make me wonder about strawberry shortcake.
Different folks, different strokes and all that.
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote