Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-15-2016, 06:41 AM   #21
Anders

Default Re: HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid17 View Post
I wish my ROS's madness inspired or convinced stevejackson to make a sequel of ROS or re release again the first one but with more pages and hardcover paperback!
After the End was specifically designed to be able to accommodate Reign of Steel campaigns.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #22
droid17

Location: technicaly inside Caracas zonemind and very near the border between Caracas and Mexico zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
After the End was specifically designed to be able to accommodate Reign of Steel campaigns.
can you please send me a Private Message and tell me witch one of all the several After the End book series have to do with Reign of Steel???

"Human sexuality is a kind of distortion field that keeps us from seeing reality and logic clearly" -anonymus.
droid17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:03 AM   #23
Mateus

Quote:
can you please send me a Private Message and tell me witch one of all the several After the End book series have to do with Reign of Steel???
The author, himself, told that he had RoS in mind when he was wrotting AtE.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:14 AM   #24
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
... tell me which one of all the several After the End book series have to do with Reign of Steel???
Only one AtE book has been published so far, but this thread is about its relationship with Reign of Steel. Post #4 has PK's statement that he had RoS in mind when writing AtE.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #25
Varyon

GURPS After the End thus far has one book and one Pyramid issue. I think Book 2 (Book 1 being the character-building guide, Book 2 being the campaign-building one) will probably be the most conducive toward making a Reign of Steel campaign, although it's certainly possible a specific Robot Apocalypse (or similar) book will eventually be released as part of the line.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #26
Anders

Quote:
Not the book series, the GURPS supplement.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #27
droid17

Location: technicaly inside Caracas zonemind and very near the border between Caracas and Mexico zone
Default HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY final war and spring equinox!!!

Default HAPPY GURPS REIGN OF STEEL SPRING EQUINOX FINAL WAR!!!!!!

In the spring of 2034 the first exterminator robots emerged from the citadels of the AIs. Their priority targets were those military bases and government enclaves that were not already under AI control, as well as nations such as New Zealand and Switzerland that had survived reasonably intact and resisted AI infiltration. The early exterminators were copies of warbots, security robots and cybertanks developed by the United States, Europe, Brazil, Korea, China and Japan. Later models became more sophisticated as they successively isolated, besieged and destroyed surviving pockets of human civilization.

Tne Final War raged for four years of fierce fighting, but the issue was never in doubt. The AIs had infiltrated much of humanity's military command structure, including strategic forces and space weaponry. Weakened by plague and revolution, shattered by orbital bombardment and, in the case of Africa, by nuclear weapons, humanity's enclaves fell one by one.

Death stalked the world, but did not visit every nation in equal measure. In regions such as Africa, the Philippines and Central America, the victorious machines slaughtered without quarter. Elsewhere, they herded surrendering humans into concentration camps. In the British Isles, the robots ignored those who did not resist. And on the East Coast of North America, armed robots came accompanied by human soldiers, bearing food and medicines, and the news that a provisional United States government had been reestablished: the crisis was over, and reconstruction could now begin...

Organized fighting more or less ceased late in 2037, with the destruction of the last remnants of the world's national armies. Scattered guerrilla resistance continues to this day, but the Final War had effectively ended, and humanity was defeated.

The Reign of Steel had begun!

"Human sexuality is a kind of distortion field that keeps us from seeing reality and logic clearly" -anonymus.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #28
Gold & Appel Inc

droid17, I mean it as a sincere compliment when I say that I don't think I know anybody who is as dark and as amusing as you are at the same time.

Have some (possibly NSFW) funny apocalypse theme music, everybody.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:01 PM   #29
droid17

Default HAPPY FOUNDATION DAY MANILA-ZONEMIND AI AKA OVERMIND!!!

From GURPS Reign of Steel by David Pulver, 1997.

Happy Independence day Manila zone mind aka overmind!
-GURPS Reign Of Steel.

June 24, 2015 marks the 444th Foundation Day of the City of Manila.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:37 PM   #30
droid17

Default HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ROS WILL TO LIVE E-BOOK TODAY ON 2011!!!!

Written by David L. Pulver / Roger Burton West.

Fatal Error: (A)void / (R)ebel / (F)lee?

For millennia, humanity has mastered tools to further its goals. But what if technology became the master? Imagine a world where robots rule – a tomorrow where imagination is outlawed.

Completely new fiction by setting mastermind David L. Pulver.

With this update and the original Reign of Steel setting, you have everything you need to play in that science-fiction world. Or, used alone, it provides an invaluable source of Fourth Edition robot templates and characters that you'll enjoy as long as you live . . . or, perhaps, until you're rebooted.

Tags
gurps, humans, overmind, reign of steel, robots