Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2017, 11:49 PM   #1
ak_aramis

Default Marc Miller "My Health Status"

In case anyone here missed it:

Marc wants the fanbase to know the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Miller
After TravellerCon, I had a checkup at Mayo Clinic including a Cardiac Stress Test.

The results of that test indicated I should have an angiogram, which I did.

The results of that test said I should have a Coronary artery bypass graft, also called a Triple Bypass, or sometimes Open Heart Surgery.

Wow.

I am in reasonably good health. I exercise. Eat more-or-less right. Probably could lose ten pounds, and now probably will over the next several months. But much of heart trouble is genetic, and my father and both grandfathers had heart issues.

I’ll have the surgery October 23, spend about a week in recovery, and be home by Halloween.

I have cancelled my appearance at GameHoleCon, and several planned trips through the end of the year.

My prognosis is good. My spirits are good. I expect a full recovery, and no complications.

I’ll make various announcements as necessary, and this is not a secret, so if someone is curious, or interested, you can share this information with them.

I appreciate the support I get on so many levels from all of you. Thank you.

Marc
Marc sent this information via email, and via post on TravellerRPG.com. As I know several fans here are neither on the mailing list nor active on COTI, i decided to share it here.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote