Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #31
demonsbane

Default Re: [DF] Help with creating a Buddhist cleric and holy warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Both Buddhist monks and Christian priests have in fact taken the field of battle in reality even without objective physical demons out there to fight.
We know that, but the issue is complex. The point is both "religions" aren't complete from an structural point of view and, when they are implied into physical battles, they fall into contradictions and/or paradoxes. The emphasis of both is on compassion, love and forgiveness.

(Anyway I don't want to enter more deeply here, because that can carry us too far, and that was the reason for putting that phrase about chivalric orders.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric View Post
You're talking out your ass. Why do you assume that I don't have empowered means? Because I don't agree with you? Your tone is patronizing and superior.
You're taking the doctrine as my own thoughts. A spiritual doctrine is superior to individual opinions, not myself. So you remain wrong about me. I assume you don't have any means by tons of reasons, and BTW that's the case of most people claiming themselves to be Buddhists so really it isn't a personal thing with you.

Quote:
Why? That sentence doesn't parse on a grammatical level. Do you mean "so as to avoid denaturalizing things so that the imagination flies with more freedom"?
Exact! It was a typo. Instead "flees" I want to mean "flies". Corrected, it reads in this way (I will edit the post):

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane
My personal stance here is to make fictional religions and worlds for Dungeon Fantasy, so you avoid to denaturalize things and imagination flies with more freedom.
Quote:
Normally, I cut people a LOT of slack when I assume that English isn't their native language (twice you used 'stablished' instead of 'established', which, linguistically speaking, is very odd),
Odd but perfectly understandable. Anyway I do my best trying to write English, and I often apologize for grammar errors. I don't care specially about you cutting people because their English isn't perfect. Do you realize you're in an internationally open forum?

Quote:
Nevertheless, you seem to regard yourself as some kind of Buddhist - I notice that you didn't say whether or not you are Nichiren. And, according to Rev. Hahn, whom I parrot without understanding:
The earlier mention of the parampara implies the thing is independent of "your" Nichiren. But you don't understand that, or you're feigning it for trying to use Nichiren for discrediting my exposition, again. Also, I'm not "some kind of Buddhist", so your lessons, again quoted out of context, aren't applicable. You remain wrong in your assumptions.

Quote:
I shall discontinue this odd and useless debate in public and suggest that you PM me for further reconciliation. Nam Myo ho Renge Kyo, dude.
I suggest you to use another language, maybe without the ugly words and without the injurious comments. At least that would be more in line with Buddhism.

You aren't a Buddhist, man. Buddhism, in the way you understand it, is only a toy for your mind. As your enthusiasm for transhumanism (BTW, both things aren't compatible), and many other things. Have fun.

BTW, I'm not angered with you, tantric, but you are. PM yourself if you want.

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+

Tags
clerics, dungeon fantasy