Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-07-2019, 12:06 AM   #51
Original_Carl

Default Re: Pre-Gen Character Card Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennDoren View Post
Have you guys seriously considered re-printing the cards with mistakes corrected? Seems like an especially good time to do it, with the current DoD kickstarter going...
I would pay an add-on for corrected cards. Just sayin’
Original_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:28 AM   #52
GlennDoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original_Carl View Post
I would pay an add-on for corrected cards. Just sayin’
Frankly, I've thrown an inordinate amount of money at the TFT kickstarters, and I will continue to do so.

But on principal, I gotta say, these types of errors seem like something that should be thrown in for free. I think Steve is right to feel embarrassed about this one--it's kinda sloppy and should have been caught :-/

With all of that said--I'd personally be fine paying for the cards as an add-on. But that's just me when it comes to TFT and SJG. If it were any other kickstarter or company, I'd probably be screaming "sloppy! do the right thing!". I wouldn't expect the average supporter to just suck it up.
GlennDoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:21 AM   #53
RobW

I've probably arriving at this thread too late, but the MA's for some of the Orcs are off, and I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Most appear to have a base MA of 10 with reductions due to armor.

But a couple are unnaturally slow.

Khresh the Lovely: MA=6, no armor
Snarch: MA=6, leather armor

One could say these two are crippled in some way, but I think this is just a mistake.

And two of these orcs are unnaturally fast:
Tekkosh: MA=8, chainmail
Sulgag: MA=10, chainmail!!!

Running doesnt work with chainmail anymore, and MA 10 with chainmail has never been possible.

Last edited by RobW; 05-07-2019 at 01:05 PM.
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:20 PM   #54
JustAnotherJarhead

I think it unreasonable to assume a First run print, with lots of updates and changes would hit the street without errors, and lots of them at that!

I am personally a bit excited to hear about these errors, it's what one day will be collectors items.

Unfortunately I missed the boat when Steve made the announcement he was the new owner of TFT and his Intellectual Properties of yesteryear.
Unfortunately I "missed out" on the whole KS campaign, because If I had known I would have had two or three on order.
I am the proud owner now of One; "I want it all" boxed set, and One; Legacy boxed set.

I figure by the next major round of printing, due to the very existence of forums like this, Steve will have 99% of the errors corrected.

I have a pile of Original TFT stuff, I spent a fair amount of $$ over the years and I value the earliest printings because of the errors, even though some of my books aren't in great shape.

In fact this brings to mind, something I'm sure folks have asked for, is there a resource that makes it clear the different "editions" and "revisions" of the old stuff, and even references the rarity of said items?

Last edited by JustAnotherJarhead; 08-11-2019 at 07:57 PM.
JustAnotherJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:37 AM   #55
Skarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
I've probably arriving at this thread too late, but the MA's for some of the Orcs are off, and I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Most appear to have a base MA of 10 with reductions due to armor.

But a couple are unnaturally slow.

Khresh the Lovely: MA=6, no armor
Snarch: MA=6, leather armor

One could say these two are crippled in some way, but I think this is just a mistake.

And two of these orcs are unnaturally fast:
Tekkosh: MA=8, chainmail
Sulgag: MA=10, chainmail!!!

Running doesnt work with chainmail anymore, and MA 10 with chainmail has never been possible.
Someone just reported on TFT Discord that Danira in the orignal cards has MA 8 in Cloth armor - should be 10, unless she has a gimpy leg or carries a large sack of potatoes into combat.

The fast orcs you mentioned do seem to be pretty impossible, though.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote